What's Spinning Tonight?

Digging through my library listening to albums I bought years ago and landed on this jewel:

Soul Call
Nnenna Freelon

http://www.amazon.com/Soul-Call-Nnenna-Freelon/dp/B00004XMZX

41NlSXbZJiL._SX425_.jpg

Reference quality Jazz/Female Vocals. Tapping my toes to Button up Your Overcoat as I type this...

French pressing. Beats both my Canadian and U.S. pressings, although not significantly. It's a bit more vibrant and in-your-face and the pressing itself is of better quality (quieter). I usually alternate between it and my MFSL copy, which is slightly darker sounding, but still an excellent reissue.

CSN&Y - Deja Vu FRENCH.JPG

Wonderful domestic pressing of a solid classic album by The Cars called "Heartbreak City". Does anyone know how this compares to the MFSL reissue?

Cars - Heartbreak City.JPG

U2 - The Unforgettable Fire.

Canadian pressing...not bad...vinyl pressing quality is excellent....mastering seems a bit congested IMO.

U2 - The Unforgettable Fire.JPG

The first time I saw U2 was at Live Aid, they played Bad.

My canuck pressing looks (maybe it's a re-release)...
attachment.php

Sorry...I should have mentioned mine is the EP, not the full album. For some reason I never bought the full album....don't ask me why...I don't know.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing