What's Spinning Tonight?

Bill Evans, Jim Hall, "Undercurrent", MoFi, 33.3rpm. I also have this on United Artist, 33.3rpm, but wanted to hear what MoFi could do to it. They did a very nice job, I must say. I'll give a quick listen to the United Artist version to compare after this album finishes.
Undercurrent.jpg

Ok. I've given both records a listen and even though Undercurrent was originally an United Artists release, the MoFi version sounds so much better, it's ridiculous. It's almost like the UA version was recorded on a dimestore portable cassette system in comparison. I'm not sure how old my UA re-release is, but I know I purchased it within the last ten years. Needless to say, if you have the UA re-release, you haven't really heard the music, IMO.

Last edited:
Uriah Heep Salisbury...th.jpeg I do not own the original Vertigo UK pressing, which must be totally amazing. Anyone own this pressing?? ---th-1.jpeg

Molly Johnson - Because of Billie (Universal / 0253798718 / Canada / 2014)

Picked this up a few weeks ago and am really enjoying it. Really nice laid-back jazz and I think quite wonderfully recorded and mastered. The pressing is super quiet too, so bonus!

Molly Johnson - Because of Billie.jpg

Got it for $14.95 for a 2LP set. Sweet!

Tommy Flanagan Trio, "Overseas", 33.3rpm. Waxtime. Good sound, reminds me of digital, but compressed soundstage, as is usual with these cheap Waxtime records.
Overseas-M.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu