What's Spinning Tonight?

Limp Bizkit Gold Cobra

MI0003186003.jpg

Possibly the first and only time Limp Bizkit may ever be associated with WBF, but this album is ridiculous. I'm not even going to say it's a guilty pleasure. Yes, it's rap-metal, but it's the very finest rap-metal in existence. John Otto is like the metal Clyde Stubblefield and Wes Borland is just a textural riff-maker extraordinaire. Speaking of which...

Wes Borland Crystal Machete

103529.jpg

If you hate Limp Bizkit - and for sure, I have no reason to doubt that you do - then you could, if you're feeling adventurous check out what's one of the coolest post-rock soundtracks for a completely fictional never-made 80's sci-fi film ever made. It's like Vangelis and John Carpenter made an album and asked some weird rap-metal guitarist to produce it. Yep, it's that good.

Sting, "Brand New Day", DSD. Enjoying with a nice single malt.
BrandNewDay.jpg

Black Light Burns Cruel Melody (Wes Borland's side project now in hiatus)

515HvaywpFL.jpg

The Contortionist Language

The_Contortionist_-_Language-e1409103488592.jpg

If you like Rush (like me), Allan Holdsworth (who I don't mind) or Dream Theatre (who I detest), you might like these guys. It's "progressive metal", so occasionally has cookie-monster vocals ala Meshuggah, but there's a lot more ambient soundscape stuff and melodic stuff going on too.

Motörhead - Motörhead. On 12inch grooved spinning media. 200g, Drastic Plastic.
motorheadst_front 002.jpg
Turn it up really really LOUD! Production is/was godawful - ton of fun though!
Need to look for a Vinyl "Ace of Spades"............

Still grieving the loss of Leonard Cohen. Listening to the LP version of Jennifer Warnes, FAMOUS BLUE RAINCOAT, the Songs of Leonard Cohen. Ring the bells that still can ring.

Wohoah, rare that people outside France heard of MC Solaar :D

What spinned today:

Getz/Gilberto
Antonio Carlos Jobim
Burt Bacharach
Tan Dun - Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Salif Keita - M'Bemba
John Williams - Memoirs of a Geisha
Alpha Blondy - Jah Victory

I have the Tan Dun drums from another album...great stuff with subs! And yes, a big fan of MC| Solaar for probably 15-20 years now or whenever he came on the scene back in the day. Excellent...absolutely smooth and yet a hardness to his style at the same time. Very cool.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing