What's Spinning Tonight?

With 211M views on Youtube and innumerable covers of the single it must be good right :p

R-561914-1583056794-1665.png.jpg

That there was, Polygram and a general transplant of formal language used in booklet. "Rap Trax!" was very biased towards House music and used deeper cuts. Thank you for that.

Current border closure only highlights strained movement of goods and ideas across the US Northern border reaching back beyond the 80's. "Rap Traxx" compilation may easily have been first licensed appearance of Rap. I doubt it saw any shelves further West than Toronto or North of Ottawa. Posted as a rarity and cultural document from land of the Denim Tuxedo.

This band was given an international hit Télépopmusik remix. At the very least they were already far from unknown on their own merits, outside US. This highly enjoyable album accurately depicts their ability to carry Portuguese culture into modern musical forms. Normally I'd post the techno remix, but original exhibits better work on film and in use of electronic elements.

Madredeus
Antología

R-871201-1167604619.jpeg.jpg
Thank you so much for turning me on to these folks. It's been a l-o-n-g time since I have been moved so deeply by a musical group (even though I don't understand a word that she's singing.)

Reactions: DiWil and rando

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing