What's Spinning Tonight?

Did you have a chance to compare it to the original?
I got this re-issues but haven't listened to it yet.
Thank you
Maril555,

I only have the double SACD edition on this Jazz at the pawnshop album, but I can say that it doesn’t come close to the sound of this 2xHD vinyl album. I listen to it right now and I’m blown away by the sound;).

All the best

/ Jk

A2647B97-6971-4102-9F07-9AEC1E8A4513.jpeg
Continue with Pink Floyd’s - Delicate Sound Of Thunder - original live album from 1988. In my opinion, it is the best sounding, best played (musicly played) Pink Floyd album of all time. It lacs a tiny bit of bass, being a live-consert, but a little push on the sub-towers and you’re definitely there.

/ Jk

Breakfast here now:
The SONY SCD-1 takes over the business?:

KOTO - Masterpieces, on CD from ZYX Records, released in 1989.

This electronic ”Italo Space Music” works absolutly best here when played in 7.4 simulated surround sound.

Behold ;) !

/ Jk
0B67D0DB-371F-4AFF-88CD-511C5F3E8428.jpeg

Love Symbol - The Gold Experience - P control - fccuk yea, he certainly did!! what a friggin legend

Cb6pTi1.jpg
Really love your TT, and the Lyra Atlas cartridge.
Btw: Is that the Thales Simplicity II tonearm…? I’ve had the Atlas here a couple of years ago to test and review, but have not yet bought it. The Thales tonearms are beautiful and lovely tonearms, and I really like the design of them. Unfortunately I have never really heard them, nor have I tested them… Perhaps something worth giving a testdrive?:).

/ Jk

Really love your TT, and the Lyra Atlas cartridge.
Btw: Is that the Thales Simplicity II tonearm…? I’ve had the Atlas here a couple of years ago to test and review, but have not yet bought it. The Thales tonearms are beautiful and lovely tonearms, and I really like the design of them. Unfortunately I have never really heard them, nor have I tested them… Perhaps something worth giving a testdrive?:).

/ Jk

Yes. Thales Simplicity II. Wonderful tonearm. Bass is nimble and fast vs the slightly larger bass of an SME or Graham.

Inner groove tracking is close to perfect given the tangential tracking.

• Love
Reactions: Johan K
Yes. Thales Simplicity II. Wonderful tonearm. Bass is nimble and fast vs the slightly larger bass of an SME or Graham.

Inner groove tracking is close to perfect given the tangential tracking.
Thank you Shane! You make me curious;)!

This morning on the Ascona Neo?:

”The Sound Of Jazz” orginally released in 1958. However - this is the reissue from 2016.

Originally this was sent live on a CBS television show on Sunday, December 8, 1958.
It was an installment in ”The Seven Lively Arts” series called ”The Sound Of Jazz”.

Behold ;) !

/ Jk
AC5E7252-975B-4C49-BDAD-7062320F3517.jpeg

Reactions: Long Live Analog

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing