What's Spinning Tonight?

Bronze is a perfect base for tonearms with metal arm tubes; a wooden tonearms play tonally darker. a brighter sounding base, aluminum fits perfectly in my ears then goes more in the neutral direction
I can relate to those descriptions of arm tube as well as mounting bases, although there are often other factors at work as well. In my case, the Siggwan has a solid cocobolo arm tube, yet I like the sound on the brass pod more than on the aluminum armboard. I can't really draw firm conclusions based on just the material because one is a detached pod and the other is rigidly attached to the table. This is the first time I have tried a standalone pod so I can't say how much of what I am hearing is due to that aspect and how much is due to the material.

Reactions: DasguteOhr
The 2014 HD remastered version. Sounds pretty dang good if I do say so myself... And I do. :-D

I can relate to those descriptions of arm tube as well as mounting bases, although there are often other factors at work as well. In my case, the Siggwan has a solid cocobolo arm tube, yet I like the sound on the brass pod more than on the aluminum armboard. I can't really draw firm conclusions based on just the material because one is a detached pod and the other is rigidly attached to the table. This is the first time I have tried a standalone pod so I can't say how much of what I am hearing is due to that aspect and how much is due to the material.
I was referring to my tonearms around me.
it sounds different for everyone, I just noticed that my 13 "tonearm and DIY Schröder tonearm with aluminum base sound more real. Everyone has a different sound ideal. With a different pickup it can be different again, that makes things exciting and varied.;) Have fun continue with your beautiful tonearm.:)

I FINALLY got a 3-month trial subscription to Qobuz. Listened to two Pete Townshend albums -- Rough Mix and Who Came First. I think Qobuz will be a keeper. I have about 1800 albums on a home Roon server but there is yet still more music out there of course!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing