What's Your Favorite Beer

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Ahhh, post #58. Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale. A man after my own heart. The issue I have where I live is in getting a batch of it fresh brewed. With a fresh batch, I absolutely adore the taste of that beer. My other favorite beer would be the Oktoberfest beer [Imported] and made only once a year for ten days, only via a chilled keg. Spaten Lager is the flavor and I'm not talking about the one in a bottle. For some reason, they do not even come close to the flavor and refreshment of a true Spaten Lager Oktoberfest beer.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Pilsner Urquell - Czech Republic for golden ale
Pete's Wicked Ale - for heavy, creamy...do they even still make it?
Carlsberg Elephant - dark, bitter but less rich than Pete's Wicked

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
I find Smithwick's quite consistently good for a non ucro brew. My favorite ucro's were local and no longer brewed. Bummer. One brewed a barley wine that was a killer, literally. Two and I was done in, not for buds to have then drive home. My 2 sons with a few friends have been brewing for awhile now so I've been enjoying the fruits of their labor.

Imperial

Mar 6, 2012
Norway
Nogne O, Norwegian brand, super beer.. couture brand...
Type: "Bitter",and "Imperial" ...yes,it is called Imperial, like me... The bitter "type*" is the better one, but the "imperial" one is not far behind..

Superbly foaming and dense and creamy!!!
Very complex and smooth, like a female bosom; milk an honey! Sugar and yeast!
Lingering Effervescence of female bosoms...most peculiar..

Imperial.

Soundminded

Apr 26, 2012
My favorite beer is Sam Adams Boston Lager. I also like their ale. Of the many hundreds I've tasted those two stand out even from their other products. I used to like Lowenbrau dark when it was imported from Germany. Once it was made in the USA by Miller under license it tasted entirely different and I no longer cared for it.

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
domestics:

1) Nomad Pilsner by Great Divide (every style they make is excellent. Nails the balance of malt and fresh hops. Most legit American pils too uptilted toward hops)
2) Victory Prima Pils/Lagunitas Pils (tie, depends what's in my hand at the moment)
3) Reality Czech (if you're in the Bay Area, it's on tap only -- seek it out. 3 only because of lack of availability. Lives up to the hype)

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Depending on what I am in the mood for and not in any order:

Stella Artois
Heineken
Duvel
Chimay

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
^Wicked cool label.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Can't state a real favorite but tonight I enjoyed a couple of St. Bernardus abt 12 with a big bowl of Moulles.
View attachment 15116
Now, on to the NCAA Finals!

Do you have a favorite place for moulles in NYC?

Mike, I'll have to give that one a try.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Thought this was interesting:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing