Which 300b amplifier: Nagra 300p, Luxman MQ-300, Wavac EC-300B, Air Tight ATM-300R, Shindo Cortese 300b

I did finally end up with a Shindo Cortese 300b with WE tubes (new issue). Awaiting it's arrival (December 2024, sigh!)
Having just found this thread I am enjoying the comments by all!

I am thinking that you will really enjoy the Cortese. Do you still have the Devore speakers? Although I haven't spent much time with these speakers I was very impressed with them and I think the Cortese will be a nice match!

To the larger audience that follow this thread I enjoyed your journey . I have heard some of the amps commented on and was probably most impressed with the Air Tight but it was at a show and I was unfamiliar with the speakers so really not a solid recommendation. To hear all of the amps mentioned on a common system would probably be near impossible but it is nice to get different viewpoints from people in the know.

A few years back I decided to go the SET route. That led to a whole revamping of my system on really just a whim. Back when I started to listen in the late 60' early 70' I went to a demo of some highly efficient speakers, all vinyl and driven by some tube stuff, I was captivated and the experience still sticks in my mind. I don't really remember what the components were but I wanted to to experience that sound/ feeling again.

After some exploration I have settled on a Shindo Monbrison with a Cortese 300b. The speakers are a highly efficient pair of Coherent Audio Neo 18. I am extremely happy with the sound. As I do get around to listen to other components I know that there are many roads to Rome so I won't represent my system as the best. For me though it is amazingly musical and enjoyable to listen to. You can call me a Shindo fan!

IMG_2289.jpegIMG_2474.jpegIMG_1917.jpegIMG_2739.jpeg

My tip zarodz 300b max mono amps is a brand from la rosita france.
Well build with good iron in there(opt, choke coil,main transformer).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu