Which power amp for Linn Ninka's? BI-wired or single wired?

viliuset

Sep 21, 2020
Hello,
I have just got a pair of Linn Ninka's speakers, but have trouble deciding whether to use two Linn LK85 mono blocks or a single PS Audio Stellar 300?
PS Audio Stellar 300 is minimum 300W into 4ohm and Linn LK85 are 85W into 4ohm. Ninka's require 60W minimum into 4ohm.
Is it better to have more watts available (300) or two smaller mono blocks?
I would greatly appreciate your thoughts on this, since I have never tried mono blocks.

Best regards
Vilius

katylied

Sep 7, 2011
Torino (Turin) - Italy
Actually you should go for bi-amp and not bi-wire. Many years ago I sold a Majik 4100 with aktiv card to a customer who had Ninkas and I still remember how good was that system (Majik CD player and Majik preamp too). That same power amp now is in my hands (he upgraded to powered Akubarik) but no space for a pair of Ninkas.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing