Will there be an DMC 15SS 2

Adimon

Jan 4, 2011
Now that Spectral released the DMC 30SS 2 will there also be an upgrade for the DMC 15SS?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi...did you ask Spectral? Most manufacturers are reasonably forthright about near-term plans to bring out upgrades.

Adimon

Jan 4, 2011
Need some advice before upgrading.
Whats best to do first , upgrade from DMC 15ss to 30ss or from DMA 100 to 260?

Second Whats is the audible difference between RCA and Balanced?

rx7audio

Feb 22, 2012
Need some advice before upgrading.
Whats best to do first , upgrade from DMC 15ss to 30ss or from DMA 100 to 260?

Second Whats is the audible difference between RCA and Balanced?

Adimon,

What is motivating you to upgrade? Are you thinking of moving to less efficient speakers, for example?

Ronald

Adimon

Jan 4, 2011
Hi Ronald,

Reason to upgrade is to enjoy the improvements of new Spectral gear.
I heard the 260 and i was shocked by the sound.

Btw the speaker is not the problem, Avalon ascendant.

I've never heard the difference between balanced and single.

rx7audio

Feb 22, 2012
Hi Ronald,

Reason to upgrade is to enjoy the improvements of new Spectral gear.
I heard the 260 and i was shocked by the sound.

Btw the speaker is not the problem, Avalon ascendant.

I've never heard the difference between balanced and single.

Ah, okay, Adimon. Thank you for the reply. I'm afraid I was asking for selfish reasons. I've owned my DMA-90 since I purchased it new in 1995 or so, and each and every time I use it, I am so terribly thrilled with it: its appearance (its relatively tiny size), how quickly it warms up (and how, not being Class A, it doesn't throw off much heat and dramatically increase my utility bill), and especially how it sounds (it is so accurate and discriminating, and its noise floor is so incredibly low)! Your 100S shares all these characteristics, too, I think. I'm seriously considering moving to some relatively inefficient ATC speakers, which of course means I would need to upgrade my DMA-90. And, frankly, I'm conflicted!

Good luck with your upgrade. I hope you'll let us all know how it turns out.

Best Regards,

rx7audio

mullard88

Jun 5, 2010
Hi Adimon,

Regarding your post #3, if I were you, I would upgrade the DMC 15ss to the 30ss. My reason is that based on your post #5, it seems like your power amp and speakers are already well matched and in my experience, using a better Spectral preamp or linestage always results in more improvements.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing