Woofer And Tweet

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I was at that demo this past weekend. That's me in the middle of the second row. Strange but everyone said there was a little sizzle in the room

Feb 11, 2019
Florida
This 'toon was partially inspired by an incident many years ago. Back in the day, mfg's used foamed grills, and my floor standing box speakers had ribbed foam on them. I walked into the living room where I found my cat, with surgical precision, slicing and pealing the grills off one of the speaker boxes. After a few choice words (understatement of the century), the cat got the idea I wasn't pleased with its action. That exchange didn't cause a behavioral shift what-so-ever.
To be honest, let me say that in many respects the Isis were the best speakers I’d ever had at home. For example, I’d never heard such a good soundstage. The speakers offer outstanding holography, showing a fully credible soundstage.
Floor standing speaker
Cabinets built in golden ratio proportions
Multiplex birch wood of different densities
Midrange chamber with pressure-equalizing vents
Seven layered lacquer finish

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Is this a reference to the speakers?
Number 9 has similar speakers and probably similar hair. Hopefully he is low sensitivity as well

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Number 9 has similar speakers and probably similar hair. Hopefully he is low sensitivity as well
However resistance seemed high :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing