Worst Actor of All Time?

rando

Sep 22, 2019
All I can think is that WBF is on its last legs if Ron needs to try to liven things up with clickbait like this "thread".

The background activity of late has firmly broken with routine.

Leslie Nielsen and Mel Brooks - Because they defined what's best in the category of bad acting. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: DasguteOhr

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
How about 'actors who are so bad they are good'. That's the next category of topic devolvement.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Ron, just catch Star Trek 2 The Wrath Of Khan, and watch as Kirk stares like thunder and shouts "KHAAAAAAN!!!", and tell me this is not the greatest acting ever. Man, a tear (almost) rolled down my cheek.
They gave him shrinking Star Trek leotards so he could get the tone right.

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
Tom Cruise, John Travolta, Ronald Reagen
really travolta? Soo many good films
A civil action ...no happy ending rare in movies
Broken arrow
Face off
Pulp fiction
Basic...gorgeous end
From paris with love..what a title for that movie
now the question is would this film be more successful without travolta

Agent86

Sep 6, 2020
Yes, some might say the William Shatner School of Acting,, which teaches thespians to always emphasize the wrong word in every sentence: "We come IN peace." But before anyone goes too far in badmouthing him, just get a load of Shatner's skills in the Esperanto language (!!!) classic entitled Incubus.
Incubus 1966 - YouTube

Otherwise, Nicholas Cage, no contest. Any of the good parts from F/O were really Travolta's acting with Cage's face on.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Al Pacino. The perfect short man complex rolled up in an exaggerated figjam actor

His doppelganger Phil Spector was a better actor.
it seems just like audio we have vast indifference in views , i met him a few times and love his acting but again i like shatner too as he got older lol

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
i worked on sets with al pachino and robert deniro , to me al pachino is above deniro , on the set al is cool talks to all and when asked walks on to the set and blows all away . deniro needs to be alone talking the set waits for him to walk out all better be ready and dislikes re takes . al nothing phased him . in the movie with al and robert to me al wpied the floor as robert just gave the same looks he always does angre . the look works most times but lacks the detail of al p .
al in the scent of a waman is amazing

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
someone needs to define acting as a talent , to me the ability to be anyone they play and not them selves . few can do this al can , and few otjers . and i thank you ron a great topic

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
It would be hard to out do Sun Ra, given the worst movie I have seen was also by him.

Blackmorec

Feb 1, 2019
Hugh Grant. I‘m always left with the impression that rather than HG becoming the character, the character becomes HG.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing