XP 27 mute button

passfreak

Sep 24, 2018
Is the mute button when engaged (with light on) supposed to silence both channels? When I engage this I hear music from the left channel at low volume while the right channel is completely muted. Is this typical? Has anyone here have similar experience?
Thanks

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Is the mute button when engaged (with light on) supposed to silence both channels? When I engage this I hear music from the left channel at low volume while the right channel is completely muted. Is this typical? Has anyone here have similar experience?
Thanks
Using my XP-22 with my Pass X260.8s it mutes both of my Magico speakers completely. I can’t hear a thing. I hope this helps.

passfreak

Sep 24, 2018
I agree Audire, my XP 22 mute silences both channels however unlike PeterA the mute on my 27 silences one channel fully while music is heard on the other channel at low volume.

Reactions: Audire

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
I agree Audire, my XP 22 mute silences both channels however unlike PeterA the mute on my 27 silences one channel fully while music is heard on the other channel at low volume.
Yes, like I said, I can’t hear a thing when the XP-22 mute is selected. Though you have probably already tried it, I’d try switching my cables around. make sure the connections are secure. If that doesn’t do it then I’d call Pass. They are always extremely helpful.

passfreak

Sep 24, 2018
I was told by the Pass dealer to bring it in so they could try and rectify the problem loading with Pass's technical staff.
Hope it works. Shipping from Toronto to Pass will be costly.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing