XP22: Stereophile Review

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
Did you ever consider the coda F07x? Apparently according to Teejay at stereotimes its incredibly tube like and he actually preferred it over his XP30. He said it was as good as the ARIC audio motherload 2.
I didn’t try another SS linestage, just some tubed ones, transformer based passive and direct from the source. I went with the Pass family synergy on this venture.
I sit hear listening to some music with some of your questions more in focus.. The SIT3 is very punchy and dynamic but low gain so Im using the upper range of the preamp and it totally quiet. I have good front to back , side to side imaging with life like flesh and blood sound, nothing is thin or too thick. My tube pre had a more forward, larger presentation whereas the XP22 has more life sized imaging.. sorry for my non reviewer lingo..

Don C

Jul 20, 2013
USA
No balanced tape output is a deal breaker for me! I need that for my Stax driver amp. Same as the XP20.

If they can have balanced tape out on the X1, why not the XP20 and XP22? The chassis is the same size.

The XP32 and XP30 are three chassis ...too many for me.!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing