2-Channel Subwoofer Integration

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I have not heard/ read into the latest REL 6 pack design , i have heard other REL sub designs which often sounded a bit distracted from the music itself
Flexibility is always a good thing off course you d be suprised how much LS roll off despite manufacturer claims , so some additional support in the 50 hz - 60 hz range can be a good thing ( if its in phase off course )

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
The best speaker designs i know , Kharma exquisites , Rockport Lyra and Vivid audio G3 are all bass reflex designs ( as far as i iknow)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I have not heard/ read into the latest REL 6 pack design , i have heard other REL sub designs which often sounded a bit distracted from the music itself
Flexibility is always a good thing off course you d be suprised how much LS roll off despite manufacturer claims , so some additional support in the 50 hz - 60 hz range can be a good thing ( if its in phase off course )
Thanks!

Powerman

Feb 15, 2023
It has taken me quite a bit to get my sub integrated. Not as easy as I thought originally. The absolute biggest reason to get a sub I can't do... Cut off LF to mains and send to sub. I have an integrated with sub out and there is no way to cut off LF passing thru. I can put a Crossover to speakers, but that leaves amp wasting power. I can cut off LF using streaming programs, but that cuts off to sub.

It made integration much harder. I finally found the right position, sub Crossover matched to speaker, and proper phase. Speakers are 1st order and until I figured out I had to match sub it was terrible. Even offsetting phase to match didn't help. It basically renders both without a LF cutoff. Mains naturally roll off and sub rolls off at -6db. Changing Crossover point does hardly anything. But it is the only way to not have nulls and to not localize my sub. It sounds fantastic. All bass is coming from mains... Who knows if it can be better... And my mains are ported, but sub is sealed. The only way to properly do would be a some DSP/Crossover between DAC and amp with a sub out or bypass out to send to sub. Sub has cutoff so who cares if it receives full range signal. But I just can't imagine adding a box would be a good thing. It is quite maddening actually.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing