2019 Corvette C7 Stingray Convertible

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Dear Al,

I have learned that, for me, it depends completely on the generation of Corvette in question. As I wrote at the beginning of this thread I spent my entire life turning my nose up at Corvettes, and feeling like they were made out of the kind of plastic that gives plastic a bad name. I once test drove a C4, and I thought it felt like a piece of crap.

To my significant surprise the C7 is just a very different animal from what I thought I knew historically about Corvettes.

I have driven Tinka's C7 several times now (although still not enough to get comfortable with the terrible sitting low in a bathtub visibility!) and I think it is absolutely a great car, not merely "a relatively good sports car for the price."

Last edited:

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I've owned 4 vettes and the only reason I am not driving a new one is that I refused to pay over list. I love my Porsche and now that I am old an SUV works better for me but Corvettes are great cars. reasonable to maintain ( except for tires) and are fast and great to drive. My last Grand Sport was black and titanium with chrome wheels and got loads of compliments and the chicks love it too LOL

Avidlistener

Feb 18, 2013
Great thread I just discovered - I’ve never knew you discussed cars on WBF.

while I was staying in Florida during 2020 for a year during Covid, I decided to buy a used car while I was there since renting for that long would be expensive. I had always loved the vettes and would rent them when visiting family in Fla, but only the automatics were available for rent at reasonable prices from the majors.

In my home in NYC, I already owned a 997.2 in PDK. I had driven a stick shift in NYC for a very long time, and almost bought the 911 in manual, but test driving the PDK I knew it was a better choice. The 911 is a targa 4S, since it’s my only car and I need a hatchback’s versatility.

back to Florida2020- I knew that this was my chance to finally own a manual trans Vette, and prices were starting to increase on used cars. I wanted a real Florida car and searched for a reasonably priced pre owned white C7 3LT with beige interior and a decent amount of miles to keep the cost down. I found a 2015 z51 which had the full leather dash that was replaced the next model year.

I had an incredible time with the car, and this was while gas was cheap. I used a lot of it!!!

The car is now sitting on a battery tender at my late mom’s old house and I’ll be traveling there next month for the first time since leaving, and I’ll get to enjoy the car again. I feel like I own two of the best affordable sports cars ever made, (while I love the C8, I love manual shifting more)

I actually used the Vette in a short film I shot to entertain myself while I was in Florida, which ended up in half a dozen film festivals.

The car is so striking looking, I had to not show it fully in the film for fear of distracting from the storyline and characters.

However, my latest screenplay for a feature about how that Florida house was later robbed by a new breed of information thief (true story) will feature the White Vette prominently, and even represents a major story point.

Funny thing is, I wrote a scene where the main character pulls up to a stoplight after a stressful event and to add to his frustration, gets made fun of by a foreign car owner for driving a Chevy! I may cut the scene, but one of the posts in this thread reminded me of it.

Pic of my white Vette.

Attachments

• 437B2BB0-109D-4A79-85DF-408C448DA639.jpeg
    437B2BB0-109D-4A79-85DF-408C448DA639.jpeg
    859 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing