2nd Batch of Foster Kittens - 2019

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
From a feral colony that was being TNR'ed. They were the right age - about 6 weeks. Too young to be fixed, but tameable. So they were removed while older siblings, their parents and other cats were trapped, neutered and returned. Their human caretakers fed the colony well as their cat mom did an excellent job with them. They are clean and healthy. Good development. Bright and bouncy. Climbing and jumping - but scared. I had to scruff the Tortie girl out for a cuddle this morning, before putting her in front of the plate of food which she wolfed down. Her siblings had already eaten, but she was too scared to come out of hiding.

Tortie girl & black boy - with swirly undercoat. He might be what they call "smoke" - a lighter grey undercoat
Black_n_Tortie.jpg

Orange boy and his little sister.
Orange_pair.jpg

They are lovely, long haired kittens, so I have no doubts that they will be quickly adopted once they are tamed down and have had their "delicate operations"

Reactions: tima

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
Having had them a couple days and held them, I can confirm they are skin, bones and fluff. I'm adding the more expensive raw I feed my own cats into their food to beef them up a little. The tiny Tortie girl may need a little high-calorie nutritional gel for a bit of an appetite boost.

Reactions: Barry2013

TooCool4

Feb 7, 2013
England
I love cats :cool:

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Bless your heart Carolyn. Those cats are lucky to have you caring for them.

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
Since my last update, I sent the orange pair away to another foster family so I could have more time with the shyer two. Also with four, you have a "pack" - when there's only one or two, they are more likely to warm up to humans. I got the little orange girl - Artemis purring - so I was confident that someone with time to hold them would be successful in getting them to be friendlier.

Kittens_hammock.jpg

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
Orion - the little smoke colored boy and Iris - the Tortie girl aren't totally friendly yet. I'm still big and scary when I'm standing up, BUT the irresistible feather toy is irresistible. They jump and climb on me to catch it. :D

They go for their clinic appointments this Sunday, then I have two more weeks to work with them before their Adoption event. I might get the Orange pair as well.

onthelap.jpg

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Long back, we adopted a pair of feral brothers. They were not bonding to us at all. We had to isolate them into separate bedrooms—my wife would sleep with one for half the night, then move to the other bedroom. I was in the other room and we'd swap. It took several weeks before they stopped crying for one-another but we finally got them to come 'round and be OK with humans. They looked a lot like the pair in your photo above.

Reactions: carolkoh

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
Long back, we adopted a pair of feral brothers. They were not bonding to us at all. We had to isolate them into separate bedrooms—my wife would sleep with one for half the night, then move to the other bedroom. I was in the other room and we'd swap. It took several weeks before they stopped crying for one-another but we finally got them to come 'round and be OK with humans. They looked a lot like the pair in your photo above.

Good job! That's dedication. Swapping bedrooms for half the night!

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
Due to a mix up at the clinic, only the boys got their "delicate operations" so I got Apollo and Orion back. The girls were done later. Here they are, hanging out on the cat perch. Getting comfy and more confident. Apollo is coming along really well - or so I think... then he plays "out of reach" again. Orion_Apollo.jpg

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
The girls went to the adoption event over the weekend, and as predicted, Artemis was adopted (pretty little fluffy girl) but Iris (Tortie) was not. I got her back yesterday. All three will go to the adoption event this coming weekend. With any luck, all will be adopted. But I am likely to get Iris and Orion back as they are shy and not popular coloration.

Iris_Orion.jpg

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
Good news, Apollo and Orion were adopted. I got Iris back and poor baby has been so bored without her siblings to play with. She's been playing with toys and bugging her Aunty Daisy and Uncle Baer and getting hissed at when they get tired of her shenanigans. The next adoption event is this Saturday. Wish her luck!

Pic of Iris & her Uncle Baer
Iris_Baer.jpg

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
That is great Carolyn, hopefully the little one will get all the attention she needs. You perform a great service.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing