A small upgrade in speakers... The CLXArt a true masterpiece!

gadawg58

Apr 7, 2018
No way mate, not me.

If you read my posts to Daniel and Marslo closely, you'll see that i clearly mention another fellow CLX owner.

Infact he just sold off his plasma tweeter horns and got CLX's from my Spore dealer. His choice of music is mostly organ and large orchestral works, hence a sub to add a bit more depth and weight in LF would benefit. He was nearly closing on the ML balanced force subs but when I mentioned this new Carbon REL sub, the purchase is on hold.

I'm thinking that since the REL carbon is made from "carbon fibre" then perhaps this is where it can match the speed and agility of panels...
Marslo gave insight to his REL's matching with his AG Trio's, not an easy integration but do-able.
Also as Marslo mentioned, it depends on the recording and mastering process. I just see far too many variables.

The funny thing is he actually ordered the Neoliths before. After he visited my place he decided on the CLX's with subs instead. He was extremely amazed at how well it portrays a live image in full holographic effect, and the depth in soundstage is amazing, Roger that captain!
Especially, now after the monoblocks arrived after their special SE upgrade, along with a few other things adjusted... sounds bloody awesome!

For the type of music I listen to, subs don't work for my tastes, unless kiddo was having a rave party! Boom boom, doof doof... that sort of thing.

Cheers mate, have a good one now.
RJ
I would take CLX with or without subs all day long over the Neoliths ... CLX's have been magic just about every time I've heard them ... I've never met a Neolith I liked! LOL

George

Daniel M

Oct 7, 2020
Got my audience front row balanced xlr interconnects and speaker cables. Wow what a difference I wouldn’t believe it if some one told me.the sound is now much better in terms of bass control, clarity,definition,detail and dynamics.it was already excellent but I really didn’t expect this level of improvement. It’s like you are at a live performance now.I simply haven’t heard anything that comes close. Must call peter and evans over again for another listen. They fort it was very good with my old cables boy are they in for a surprise.
I've swapped in front row XLR and speaker cables as well. I couldn't really say if they're a big step up from the AU24sx cables, since when I swapped them in I was also upgrading amp and preamp to Pass XP22 and X250.8, and then I had to wait a month for parts to repair one of my CLX speakers. I am quite happy with the sound now, it is just hard to parse which change did the most.

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
I've swapped in front row XLR and speaker cables as well. I couldn't really say if they're a big step up from the AU24sx cables, since when I swapped them in I was also upgrading amp and preamp to Pass XP22 and X250.8, and then I had to wait a month for parts to repair one of my CLX speakers. I am quite happy with the sound now, it is just hard to parse which change did the most.
Yes I see what you mean. I only changed the cables from the 24sx to front rows and the difference was dramatic.

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
What happened to the clx panel?

Big Dog RJ

Feb 2, 2012
Melbourne
I would take CLX with or without subs all day long over the Neoliths ... CLX's have been magic just about every time I've heard them ... I've never met a Neolith I liked! LOL

George
Yep, can definitely relate to that.
The first time I experienced the Neoliths, it was fairly good and I could tell how far the design team at ML had strived in hybrid stat design. However, a few months later I auditioned the Ren15a's driven with CJ's new ART150 and CH Precision gear. Now that was awe-inspiring!

Then I realised straight away the amplifiers used in the initial Neolith demo weren't that great at all. Infact this is a very large company and is mostly coupled with SF, Maggie's and ML's for some darn reason... they're just plain mediocre and auto-formers have a sound of their own which masks the true quality of great speakers. Obviously a lot of money is passed around and these big companies are able to buy out others, and call the shots. Nothing wrong with that but the overall quality in both performance and sound is quite apparent when compared side by side.

After about a year, I got a chance to listen to that same Neolith system but this time with a full array of CH Precision gear, it was in a class of its own. That's about the same time each year in Feb I get a chance to experience the mighty ML Statements Evo-II's driven with Relentless monoblocks and Momentums. Also CJ's ART300's more lately on the CLX's and Alsyvox ribbons on the new X series, which have the outboard crossovers. These are in a true class of their own, and I believe due to their highly transparent nature, the weakness, underpowered and mediocre qualities of amplifiers driving such quality system shows its flaws...

The majority of shows also use these amplifiers simply because they look big, bold and beautiful, an American icon but they're not a good match for most top notch systems. I would sincerely consider Dartzeel, CH Precision, Solution, Pass Labs or any of Dan D's designs for SS any time. They are far more superior and offer tremendous value both in sound and overall performance.

However, since I'm passionate about tubes, I've experienced and owned the best part of ARC, VTL, Manley Labs and CJ, and stick with CJ gear for now.

The Neoliths comprise of very large stat panels, coupled with some serious LF drivers, it takes a large dedicated room with perfect acoustic properties to sound right. It's not just the electronics and other gear, and similar to the Statements, these large stats from ML require proper setup and careful amplification matching. Then I guess any top end system would require that.

From what I heard lately from my good mate overseas, both the Maggie's and Alsyvox have been moved onto his prime dealers. Their taking delivery of the new Chronosonic line. Still has the Relentless and Momentums, plus the ART300's and Pass Labs top of the XS series. I was looking forward to the next stay which was due in Feb but didn't happen due to covid. I guess we'll have to wait till next Feb... I wait in hope.

Cheers George, and enjoy those fine tunes!
Big woof, RJ

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
Yep, can definitely relate to that.
The first time I experienced the Neoliths, it was fairly good and I could tell how far the design team at ML had strived in hybrid stat design. However, a few months later I auditioned the Ren15a's driven with CJ's new ART150 and CH Precision gear. Now that was awe-inspiring!

Then I realised straight away the amplifiers used in the initial Neolith demo weren't that great at all. Infact this is a very large company and is mostly coupled with SF, Maggie's and ML's for some darn reason... they're just plain mediocre and auto-formers have a sound of their own which masks the true quality of great speakers. Obviously a lot of money is passed around and these big companies are able to buy out others, and call the shots. Nothing wrong with that but the overall quality in both performance and sound is quite apparent when compared side by side.

After about a year, I got a chance to listen to that same Neolith system but this time with a full array of CH Precision gear, it was in a class of its own. That's about the same time each year in Feb I get a chance to experience the mighty ML Statements Evo-II's driven with Relentless monoblocks and Momentums. Also CJ's ART300's more lately on the CLX's and Alsyvox ribbons on the new X series, which have the outboard crossovers. These are in a true class of their own, and I believe due to their highly transparent nature, the weakness, underpowered and mediocre qualities of amplifiers driving such quality system shows its flaws...

The majority of shows also use these amplifiers simply because they look big, bold and beautiful, an American icon but they're not a good match for most top notch systems. I would sincerely consider Dartzeel, CH Precision, Solution, Pass Labs or any of Dan D's designs for SS any time. They are far more superior and offer tremendous value both in sound and overall performance.

However, since I'm passionate about tubes, I've experienced and owned the best part of ARC, VTL, Manley Labs and CJ, and stick with CJ gear for now.

The Neoliths comprise of very large stat panels, coupled with some serious LF drivers, it takes a large dedicated room with perfect acoustic properties to sound right. It's not just the electronics and other gear, and similar to the Statements, these large stats from ML require proper setup and careful amplification matching. Then I guess any top end system would require that.

From what I heard lately from my good mate overseas, both the Maggie's and Alsyvox have been moved onto his prime dealers. Their taking delivery of the new Chronosonic line. Still has the Relentless and Momentums, plus the ART300's and Pass Labs top of the XS series. I was looking forward to the next stay which was due in Feb but didn't happen due to covid. I guess we'll have to wait till next Feb... I wait in hope.

Cheers George, and enjoy those fine tunes!
Big woof, RJ
I don’t agree and would pick the Neoliths anyday over the clx art. the art is now an obsolete product.

Big Dog RJ

Feb 2, 2012
Melbourne
The Statements are obsolete....

Very sad, they couldn't afford the costs involved vs a sustainable department for such a project. Same thing goes for the CLX's.

That's why now I'm enjoying my "obsolete" system! It's bloody great mate.

Cheers, all the best in your quest.
RJ

Last edited:
Reactions: brad225

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
The Statements are obsolete....

Very sad, they couldn't afford the costs involved vs a sustainable department for such a project. Same thing goes for the CLX's.

That's why now I'm enjoying my "obsolete" system! It's blood great mate.

Cheers, all the best in your quest.
RJ
No not true the clx are out of production because no one buys pure stats anymore because of there limitations.

Big Dog RJ

Feb 2, 2012
Melbourne
Everything has limitations Gary.

Our gear, our rooms, ancillary equipment etc... even our hearing has limitations!

However, in your perfect world with your perfect system, and your perfect hearing there are no limitations! Must be the best, in the world...
Who cares mate, who cares.

Just enjoy every chance you have, that's all that matters.

In this day and age of suffering, hardships where families struggle to get by, all you can care about is how this particular cable or speakers in a kitchen sounds... seriously mate.

We should be very fortunate and grateful for what we have and what we've achieved, not go bickering about it...

Peace to all, and most of all enjoy those fine tunes! Stay safe, we're not out of the woods yet. Cheers, RJ

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
Everything has limitations Gary.

Our gear, our rooms, ancillary equipment etc... even our hearing has limitations!

However, in your perfect world with your perfect system, and your perfect hearing there are no limitations! Must be the best, in the world...
Who cares mate, who cares.

Just enjoy every chance you have, that's all that matters.

In this day and age of suffering, hardships where families struggle to get by, all you can care about is how this particular cable or speakers in a kitchen sounds... seriously mate.

We should be very fortunate and grateful for what we have and what we've achieved, not go bickering about it...

Peace to all, and most of all enjoy those fine tunes! Stay safe, we're not out of the woods yet. Cheers, RJ
I don’t claim to have perfect hearing or a perfect system. I don’t know where you get this from.I build my system to my tastes and nothin I have heard sounds as good to me.

Big Dog RJ

Feb 2, 2012
Melbourne
Like I posted on the 3.7i thread. It is always far better to learn from what we have, embrace it and offer sincere advice, not cast negative comments, it only reflects badly on the person.

Every single member on this forum has worked tirelessly to put together a system in one size, shape and form to suit their needs, regardless of price. It's what we can afford and strive further to look towards in improvements along the way.

We must appreciate that, no matter what!
There are a lot of people with disabilities but yet they manage to conduct themselves more professionally and we admire those people.

Enjoy what you have, we are all happy for you G-man, be well.
Cheers, RJ

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
LOL....... and then I looked at your avatar !
Like I posted on the 3.7i thread. It is always far better to learn from what we have, embrace it and offer sincere advice, not cast negative comments, it only reflects badly on the person.

Every single member on this forum has worked tirelessly to put together a system in one size, shape and form to suit their needs, regardless of price. It's what we can afford and strive further to look towards in improvements along the way.

We must appreciate that, no matter what!
There are a lot of people with disabilities but yet they manage to conduct themselves more professionally and we admire those people.

Enjoy what you have, we are all happy for you G-man, be well.
Cheers, RJ
Thanks bigdog. I don’t mean to upset anyone.cheers gary

brad225

VIP/Donor
Nov 22, 2012
It’s ok I understand.other people can say what they think but I cart because I have a disability.no worries I am used to this treatment.
You received a response you didn't care for due to your down grade of others audio choices.
Please don't be offended but how does your disability make the Mac turntable a better product for you?

Yes, I am a happy owner of CLX's

Regards Brad

Reactions: twitch

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
You received a response you didn't care for due to your down grade of others audio choices.
Please don't be offended but how does your disability make the Mac turntable a better product for you?

Yes, I am a happy owner of CLX's

Regards Brad
I am glad brad that your a happy clx owner.and I would also bet you have them properly set up to get the best out of them. I know they can sound phenomenal when set up right.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing