Abbas dac 2.1 se

Artnet

Mar 7, 2021
Melbourne, Australia.
the more you can improve the signal it's fed, the better it performs.
I would agree very much even with the 4.1SE which I enjoy more and more.
sound stage is not as large as Aurealis Audio cables
Definitely are trade off's in cable swap ins and outs, but the Aurealis audio Adventure is a good one.

Reactions: MattyW

Artnet

Mar 7, 2021
Melbourne, Australia.
Thats not so bad at all.

At the moment an auralic aries g2
Interested to hear were you go from here, probably too soon given the new addition.
I haven't got around to streaming yet and will start with a Pi 4 to get me going but not feeling urgent to do so as happy listening to CD and Vinyl.
A 3.2 could change all of that? :)

jespera

Jan 12, 2018
London
Thats not so bad at all.

Interested to hear were you go from here, probably too soon given the new addition.
I haven't got around to streaming yet and will start with a Pi 4 to get me going but not feeling urgent to do so as happy listening to CD and Vinyl.
A 3.2 could change all of that? :)

Its a bargain. Its too cheap to be taken seriously on this forum.

Last edited:

Artnet

Mar 7, 2021
Melbourne, Australia.
Its a bargain.
I would agree and look forward to purchasing one in the future.
Are you aware if Abbas is creating different levels of his 3.2 as in SE and Signature ?
What interested me in your initial thread and may be too soon as you are burning yours in, was testing it against the known competition. I hope you have opportunity to do this if you have the energy.
Other wise we can all just enjoy his wonderful creations for those that have or are curious. Arent we lucky!

jespera

Jan 12, 2018
London
I would agree and look forward to purchasing one in the future.
Are you aware if Abbas is creating different levels of his 3.2 as in SE and Signature ?
What interested me in your initial thread and may be too soon as you are burning yours in, was testing it against the known competition. I hope you have opportunity to do this if you have the energy.
Other wise we can all just enjoy his wonderful creations for those that have or are curious. Arent we lucky!

The 3.2se is an updated version of the 3.1se and as such top of the range of the abbas dacs. He will probably come up with updates in the future, as manufacturers do, but i dont think theres anything scheduled.

Ive done enough shootouts to content myself that the 2.1se can hold its own against, or beat, pretty much anything.
And the 3.2 is clearly better. So I think I’ll just chillax with some music for the moment …

Samsoum promised us more comparisons with very expensive dacs.

Reactions: MattyW and Artnet

Samsoum

Sep 9, 2018
Hope the DAC is goig well. Keen to hear of your experience when you can.
Researching the DAC options:)
Well! What to say,abbas dac is fantastic!
I m using his bnc cable wich is very good synergy also.
I m on my way to attain my perfect sound and abbas dac is the heart of it.
I cant describe more now than what i ve said cause i didnt use another amp to see ...
You can check my yt channel
Musicvibesonly ,many videos and more to come.

Reactions: Artnet

jespera

Jan 12, 2018
London
I would very much like to, Just need to get back to work and then I can compare notes :)

Had another look at your pictures. Looks like your dac already has the righteous cirrus chip installed. Looks like, at some point, abbas changed to use this chip on all models.

Artnet

Mar 7, 2021
Melbourne, Australia.
your dac already has the righteous cirrus chip
This one?
Is this what makes it sound so good?
Have I put to much kudos in the EZ90. It is the sum of all its parts definitely and Abbas gets that bit right!
So what was used on the 2.1?

Attachments

• 20210924_125524.jpg
    20210924_125524.jpg
    521.6 KB · Views: 17

jespera

Jan 12, 2018
London
This one?
Is this what makes it sound so good?
Have I put to much kudos in the EZ90. It is the sum of all its parts definitely and Abbas gets that bit right!
So what was used on the 2.1?

No the input chip is just a small part of many many. And yes, it’s the sum of all of them that make the abbas dacs sound great.

My 2.1 had a chinese input chip installed. Despite that it still sounds great. So theres definitely more to it. I’ll try to replace that chip soon.

Over the past weeks ive been listening almost exclusively to digital. Thats quite out of chatacter for me. That 3.2 is awesome.
The big 6080 bottles certainly do some magic.

Artnet

Mar 7, 2021
Melbourne, Australia.
So theres definitely more to it. I’ll try to replace that chip soon
Definitely more to it, just my enthusiasm showing :) .
I was curios if you can replace the chip, it seems possible. Keen to hear about it if you do swap it out.
Yes those big bottle 6080 look like they will do it, Unique to his 3.1and3.2 By the look of it I will have to wait.

jespera

Jan 12, 2018
London
Ive added a valve clocked usb-spdif converter from abbas between the auralic streamer and the abbas dac 3.2.

Adds a tad more life to the presentation. Piano and double bass get a fuller tone.

Usb-spdif converter is the one on top of the auralic. Everything to the right of the dac is digital source stuff.

Nice glow from the big 6080 valves in the dac.

46792E9D-5D50-45D9-B129-6A0037DE8363.jpeg

Last edited:

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
Ive added a valve clocked usb-spdif converter from abbas between the auralic streamer and the abbas dac 3.2.

Adds a tad more life to the presentation.

Usb-diff converter is the one on top of the auralic. Everything to the right of the dac is digital source stuff.

Nice glow from the big 6080 valves in the dac.

View attachment 85147
Ohh nice and a marantz cd 94 ?

Reactions: jespera

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing