Abbas dac 2.1 se

These look super interesting, if there more info on his website??
I don't think so, he sent it to me last night via E-Mail.
Sure he will start soon to put more details on his Blog.

Will keep you guys posted here!
Gerald

Reactions: Artnet and Nuforce
I have a U1 being made, with dual-6SN7 output. Very excited to get it in - I need to find out if I can use dual-6J5 to 6SN7 adapters as I strongly prefer using dual-6J5s there. Love the look of the marble faceplate.

Hi, maybe some of you haven seen the new Abbas DAC models...
Here the summary:

DAC 2.4 Signature 6SN7 TDA1541A 6X5+EAA91+E180F+ 2X 6SN7
DAC4.2 SE 6SN7 PCM58P 6X5+5R4+6BL7
DAC U1 + 6SN7 output EZ80 + 2X 6SN7
DAC HERMES SE 24/96 CS8414 PCM63P 2X 5U4, 2X 6080 , 1X 5R4 ( 5U4, 5V4)
DAC HERMES SE 24/96 CS8414 PCM58P 2X 5U4, 2X 6080 , 1X 5R4 ( 5U4, 5V4)
DAC HERMES SE 24/96 CS8414 AD1865 ( AD1862) 2X5U4, 2X6080 , 1X 5R4 ( 5U4, 5V4)
DAC HERMES Signature 24/192 WM8804 PCM63P -JECC88, 2X5U4, 2X6080 , 1X 5R4 ( 5U4, 5V4)
DAC HERMES Signature 24/192 WM8804 PCM63P- KECC88, 2X5U4, 2X6080 , 1X 5R4 ( 5U4, 5V4)
DAC HERMES Signature 24/192 WM8804 AD1865-K/AD1862KECC88, 2X5U4, 2X6080 , 1X 5R4 ( 5U4, 5V4)
DAC HERMES Signature 24/192 WM8804 PCM58P-KECC88, 2X5U4, 2X6080 , 1X 5R4 ( 5U4, 5V4)
DAC 3.22 PSYCHE SE 24/96 CS8414 TDA1541A2pc 5U4,5R4, 2X6080, 6SN7, 6X5
DAC PSYCHE Signature 24/192 WM8804 TDA1541A R1ECC88,2X 5U4,5R4/5V4, 2X6080, EF13, EZ11
DAC PSYCHE Signature 24/192 WM8804 TDA1541A S1 crownECC88,2X 5U4,5R4/5V4, 2X6080, EF13, EZ11

Hope to get mine Hermes Sig PCM63P-K (SPDIF and also AES/EBU) in the next couple months..
Cheers, Gerald

Last edited:
Does he have a sheet that includes prices?
Hi, you have to send Abbas an E-Mail and he will provide you the link with prices.

As everything in hifi and especially electronic parts have been getting much more expensive, also his DACs with new design are a bit more expensive. ..

but to be bonest: owning other expensive commercial DACs, Abbas with has extrem craftsmanship and time consuming build process, this is nothing compared to Audio Note, Lampizator, Totaldac or SW1x...

Reactions: Artnet
Hi, you have to send Abbas an E-Mail and he will provide you the link with prices.

As everything in hifi and especially electronic parts have been getting much more expensive, also his DACs with new design are a bit more expensive. ..

but to be bonest: owning other expensive commercial DACs, Abbas with has extrem craftsmanship and time consuming build process, this is nothing compared to Audio Note, Lampizator, Totaldac or SW1x...
Yeah, I hear you on the others, they are so expensive it's ridiculous. I still want to borrow an SW1x and do a true back-to-back comparison.

Yeah, I hear you on the others, they are so expensive it's ridiculous. I still want to borrow an SW1x and do a true back-to-back comparison.
Did that already! I dont wanna bash any vendor here, but if Abbas would have the budget like the guys in UK, he would be in the league of Lampizator today...and the better choice DAC musical-wise anyway..

Last edited:
Reactions: limberpine
The lampizator that i heard didnt make me wanna swap with my abbas dacs …

I couldnt find any info on the abbas website about the new hermes and psyche dacs.
Also no info on the new 15 kg pre amp.

Any insights?

Last edited:
Reactions: limberpine
If Abbas wants us to get excited about his higher end products then he needs to post more information and photos of them.

I'd certainly consider buying what he considers his highest end dac but I want a LOT more information first. And what is the pricing?

If Abbas wants us to get excited about his higher end products then he needs to post more information and photos of them.

I'd certainly consider buying what he considers his highest end dac but I want a LOT more information first. And what is the pricing?
There is value in the mystique.......

Also, if you just email him he will tell you all about everything.

I wouldn't call it mystique!

Currently, EVERY day he has complete power outage due the war situation!
He is living close to Kiev and this area is still heaviliy attacked by missiles, since weeks!

He has no marketing team and we all know he is a nerd and be very focused on his new products.
So his situation is not compareabe to any of the fancier, established brands!

Pretty sure he will start posting about his Hermes and Psyche devices, as soon he has finished and tested properly. So he changed a lot on the PCB's, like new transport modules like CS8414 and WM8804. So finally we will get e.g. AES/EBU and 24bit/196kHz.

Yes, he is answering E-Mails, but again there is no social media team behind. So dont expext response within 4h!

Best rgds
Gerald

Last edited:
Fair enough. I like the fact that he uses 6080 output tubes. Same as my Atma-sphere amps (6AS7G which are part of the same family).

Many consider these the best triode tube.

Reactions: gerihifi
Dont know if any others have tried the larger 6AS7 over the 6080 in their DAC.
I need to find another pair as these are interesting but not as beautiful sounding as the GEC 6080

RCA-6AS7.jpg

Reactions: jespera
Dont know if any others have tried the larger 6AS7 over the 6080 in their DAC.
I need to find another pair as these are interesting but not as beautiful sounding as the GEC 6080

Do have a larger Abbas related-tube collection;-) also various 6080

Attachments

• 20240731_160620.jpg
    20240731_160620.jpg
    612.7 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: jespera and Artnet
The RCA 6AS7 is considered excellent. As I need 28 I use the Chinese variety.

Reactions: gerihifi
I wouldn't call it mystique!

Currently, EVERY day he has complete power outage due the war situation!
He is living close to Kiev and this area is still heaviliy attacked by missiles, since weeks!

He has no marketing team and we all know he is a nerd and be very focused on his new products.
So his situation is not compareabe to any of the fancier, established brands!

Pretty sure he will start posting about his Hermes and Psyche devices, as soon he has finished and tested properly. So he changed a lot on the PCB's, like new transport modules like CS8414 and WM8804. So finally we will get e.g. AES/EBU and 24bit/196kHz.

Yes, he is answering E-Mails, but again there is no social media team behind. So dont expext response within 4h!

Best rgds
Gerald
I was being a little cheeky. His site ,to me, puts off a certain level of mystique that he exudes in how he talks about his designs. I really like that he isn't following the normal path to selling his components as well. That one has to connect directly with him over email to buy something, which makes it harder to buy and thus more special IMO.

Incredibly, he continues to run his business with all that is going on around him.

Reactions: Artnet
Incredibly, he continues to run his business with all that is going on around him.

Absolutely, I wonder if he had a more commercial business model if it could survive in the circumstance?
Possibly by moving country, but then what do you have?
I consider myself fortunate to enjoy his esoteric audio devices.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu