Abbas dac 2.1 se

Its great to see so many people sticking with the abbas gear over time (post 1 is from 2020!). Would also love to hear from anyone who moved on if those types happen to read the thread too.

Reactions: limberpine
Absolutely, I wonder if he had a more commercial business model if it could survive in the circumstance?
Possibly by moving country, but then what do you have?
I consider myself fortunate to enjoy his esoteric audio devices.
I don't think a more commercial business model could survive what he is working through. You start burdening yourself with overhead when you run a business like that, which makes adjustments like this very hard to deal with.

I too consider myself fortunate to enjoy his devices and often email him to tell him how amazing his DAC is. Because it's just so amazing to listen to!

• Love
Reactions: Artnet
Did that already! I dont wanna bash any vendor here, but if Abbas would have the budget like the guys in UK, he would be in the league of Lampizator today...and the better choice DAC musical-wise anyway..
Did you do an Abbas vs Sw1x comparison while having both in the same room, so that you could A/B then back to back?

Did you do an Abbas vs Sw1x comparison while having both in the same room, so that you could A/B then back to back?
NOTHING against SW1x , had an DACII Balanced. Yes, did A/B testing (of course not "blind", because price-wise- biased and type of tubes they are using). So, I'm not comparing SW1x nor Lampi with Abbas. I prefer the signature from Abbas, even over the AN DAC 4.1x Balanced I'd here for a while...

So please everyone, MAKE YOUR OWN EXPERIENCE and don't judge based on forum *experts* or usual youtube reviewers statements - nor trust blindly my opinion!

My complete personal opinion: (Ultra) High End DAC and streamers are not for anyone, nor you get extreme more change above €25.000! I've done my OWN testing and lot of listening in other chains as well (as many of you). There is so much AROUND DAC/Streamer you need to take care, first as well... if you have a complete hifi chain for €25k, you will for sure NOT getting 50% sound improvement with an €30k DAC!

I happily own: Holo May KTE, Grimm Audio MU2, Abbas Audio 3.2SE, Matrix X-Sabre 3 and all of them are not leaving my house again ;-)
Left my house (owned, still love all of them): Weiss 501 MKII, Laiv, Merason DAC-I, Chord Dave, Mola Mola
Tested: oh boy too much.....

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing