All New Clarisys Audio Minuet Loudspeakers !

Florian

Jun 26, 2016
Switzerland
Florian,

I just wanted to say it was a real pleasure to meet and speak with you at The Florida Audio Expo a few weeks ago. I appreciate the time you took to explain yourself and your wonderful loudspeakers to me.

Take care,
-Charles
Likewise, i am glad to share insights and meet new people :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Alrainbow and Chops

Florian

Jun 26, 2016
Switzerland
Florian

Are you going to the Pacific Audio Show in Seattle ?
Hello there, thanks for asking! As of now we are going to Axpona with three rooms and Munich. Best regards Florian

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com

Florian

Jun 26, 2016
Switzerland
Best I can tell, the “Hall” and “Stadium” models are so far only prototypes. The Clarysis website only says “stay tuned”.
That is correct, we will premier the "Hall" at the Florida International Audio Expo Show in 2024. Best regards

Reactions: Bobvin and Chops

Rob Sonata

Jan 23, 2017
Hello there, thanks for asking! As of now we are going to Axpona with three rooms and Munich. Best regards Florian
Hi Florian, hope you're well my friend - really looking forward to Munich.... and something in Edinburgh as well, this Spring !

Reactions: Florian

Florian

Jun 26, 2016
Switzerland

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
Um yeah, listen first! Lots of posts you’ve made but not having heard them?

I expect they’ll be good, will be very interesting to hear them and compare to Alsyvox. I know Mike @ Suncoast will swear they’re ”better” but he’s never spent any real time with Alsyvox other than at a show, so that kind of statement is disingenuous.

I hope and expect they’ll be good. I personally was on a hiatus from the hobby during the ”apogee” era so never heard a pair. I just know the Alsyvox bring full range (down to 22 hz) to a ribbon design and the goal was to solve the problems previously inherent with panels and that was accomplished in a dramatic fashion. If the Clarysis get there too it will be a good thing.
The Alysvox also look much better. I get that they are more expensive, but it's obvious why. This is to my eyes, of course.

I would also like to see better components in the external crossover. Nice caps and inductors are not expensive. Why go through the trouble of a separate chassis for an external crossover and then use cheap inductors? Not trying to bash the company, I was just disappointed with what I saw inside the crossover (referring to one of the posts above).

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX

The Minuet Loudspeakers are in a Class with the Big Boys now and the price is not that bad compared to the others in this Class :):cool:
These guys must be fun at a party. :p

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Clarisys Audio vs LIVE MUSIC

Clarisys Audio has done some upgrades to the Minuet Loudspeakers for the Axpona 2023 Show ! They should sound even better now ! They made the Mids and Tweeters Ribbons Bigger and the price will stay the same too ! They will be at Axpona 2023 in rooms 352 and 676

The Much Improved Clarisys Audio Minuets are unreal ! :oops: :oops: :eek:

Michael Fremer in the Clarisys Audio Minuets room !

Last edited:

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Florian, I am in Hanoi at the moment.

If you see this, is there anywhere they can be heard here?

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
More info on the Much Improved Clarisys Audio Minuets and they still cost the same making them even more of an Bargain than before ! :):cool:

Feedback on the Clarisys Audio Minuets at the Axpona 2023 Show ! :oops:

Last edited:

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I’ve been to both sun coast rooms with the Clarisis Speakers. Amazing clarity and tight control of the presentation. mike was kind to allow me a few track requests.
had a nice conversation with mike Florian. Love the sound of both rooms.
A big thanks to mike and Florian. I’ll post some pics later

Bbock

Apr 11, 2022
Illinois
I’ve been to both sun coast rooms with the Clarisis Speakers. Amazing clarity and tight control of the presentation. mike was kind to allow me a few track requests.
had a nice conversation with mike Florian. Love the sound of both rooms.
A big thanks to mike and Florian. I’ll post some pics later
I spent quite a bit of time with Florian and Mike discussing both the Minuets and Studio Plus. I used to own Appogee Scintillas and miss them. There’s a good chance I’m going to order the Studio Plus.

I thought the Hegel amp had better synergy with the Minuets (in the Hegel room).

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
I spent quite a bit of time with Florian and Mike discussing both the Minuets and Studio Plus. I used to own Appogee Scintillas and miss them. There’s a good chance I’m going to order the Studio Plus.

I thought the Hegel amp had better synergy with the Minuets (in the Hegel room).
I'm going to get the Studio Plus too with an Gryphon Audio Diablo Integrated amp

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
I spent quite a bit of time with Florian and Mike discussing both the Minuets and Studio Plus. I used to own Apogee Scintillas and miss them. There’s a good chance I’m going to order the Studio Plus.

What speaks against an overhauled Apogee Scintilla?

Bbock

Apr 11, 2022
Illinois
What speaks against an overhauled Apogee Scintilla?
Looking back, I probably should have rebuilt the Scintillas. However, in my opinion the Clarysis is a big step up in overall sound and ability to work with a whole host of amplifiers.

Bbock

Apr 11, 2022
Illinois
So on the last day of AXPONA I brought my wife along to demo the Clarysis, since she is very interested in the music also. I know that can be dangerous LOL. We had a 45 minute private demo and noted what songs we listened to. We then went to listen to other systems—spent a lot of time with the MBL 101 E mk2(wow) and Magico, Stenheim, Acora, etc. We also went back and forth between the 2 Clarysis rooms.

I certainly am aware that the listening experience in some of these rooms is marginal at best and can easily jade one’s opinion of the speakers. For example, the Bayz room was terrible, imo, and were only there for about a minute. Too bad. Really would have been great to hear them in even an average room.

So we get home and warm up the system and begin to listen to the music we just had auditioned hours ago. First up is Luther Vandross ”House is not a home“ live version. Within the first minute my wife and I looked at each other and remarked we thought we were hearing a different song. The excitement of a live performance was quite a bit less, his voice wasn’t as resonant, etc. The illusion of bass was there, but not anywhere near the full bass. It was not subtle. Much to my chagrin, the Maggie’s just didn’t stack up to the Clarysis. This was proven out by the rest of the songs we listened to.

I know this isn’t the best way to audition anything, it’s not comprehensive, but it still was very instructive. I know panel speakers work very well in my room having the Maggie’s and before that the Scintilla’s.

The good news is that my wife suggested at the end of the day that I should probably get the larger Studio Plus version! That would have never happened had she not heard these herself.

Jeffy

Apr 27, 2014
Orchard Lake, MI
Wow it's amazing how people hear so different. I wanted to like the Clarisys so bad. The sound was terrible very high fi sounding. All the planars to me at the show sounded awful along with the new JansZen Electrostat. The JansZen in the Bacch room sounded great.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing