All New Clarisys Audio Minuet Loudspeakers !

I have 78 videos and notes and do have an alt view on some of your comments.
my process for shows are to go to rooms
Spend a little time get a feel for the sound
I never ever ask how much until I’m done cementing my thoughts
I think it’s never kind to trash products bad or not.
your comment on all panels were bad is a tell to me. have you ever liked panels
Owned panels.
there sound while very musical is to fill the room not like a point source does.
explain a little why they all were bad.
I sell no products so all fair to me in your thoughts.
Omni direction speakers were never a fan of mine but it over the past 5 years I’ve learned
To love them
Maybe they got better in r I’ve got a better understanding of real music play back.

I’ve owned panels Sound lab and have panels now. So don’t judge. The sound was bad to me. They could be good in a home setting. I’m only judging show conditions. Don’t be offended everyone hears differently as I already said.

I’ve owned panels Sound lab and have panels now. So don’t judge. The sound was bad to me. They could be good in a home setting. I’m only judging show conditions. Don’t be offended everyone hears differently as I already said.
I am not offended and I get it’s bad but help me understand why.
I was with 4 People 4 men and one female
Who loves audio was a singer and dancer love the art
Now I do feel we don’t all hear the same
it’s not that we Dont hear but we each have various experiences that form our own perception.
I hope this makes sense lol.
I was amazed how a few rooms I loved two said ahhh it’s just ok.
it’s audio but I did grill them on why , how
so be kind and just say why it’s cool
Also may I ask what panels you own just asking

I was very happy to hear so many good rooms and yes tiny rooms big speakers a really tough place
Of all the rooms only Clarisys was not towed in all else were.
My point is tow makes a big change in sound. And to tow of not is above my pay grade but I do know what’s good and all of them were.
But Clarisys is a bigger bolder yet subtle sounding panel. really puts you there or even here to me.
Dont take offense I just need to be able to get why. the bayz I’ve heard many times
again a really good balance sounding speaker
I do plan to post some pics and comments and love to read what others thoughts are

I’m using the big Final Electrostatic speakers from Holland in a second system. Full range stat no separate woofers. I am a long time person in this hobby. I’ve been to 25 CES shows in the past and have sold many audio lines when I had a retail establishment for 30 years. I go to live jazz events and symphony orchestra regularly.

Ok well apps or newer Clarisys are not going to sound like a stat I feel.
now full range stats if large enough is a wonderful speaker. but why bad ? On the panels at the show
at this show they had a pretty cool
Range of panels.
Maggie’s on up and I own a pair of 3.6 Maggie’s
anyway I think we need to express here
but I do think we need to communicate better.

@Audio_Karma What's your game here exactly? You were over on the Steve Hoffman forums posting near identical agitprop for this speaker under the username 'highendlover'. I'm just genuinely confused at this point.
What is so amazing too is you can adjust the tension on the ribbons later on when the ribbons start to stretch over time ! :cool:
Florian Wiegand one of the designers talks about this in the comments below in this video

"These speakers are Virtually Maintenance-Free, I see you can adjust the tension on the ribbons when they start to stretch over time ! This is a big deal because this will save you a lot money down the road !
Florian Wiegand the designer of these speakers tell us about this in the comments below..."

Jonathan Valin gives a great debut review to Clarisis Minuet at AXPONA:

613B5046-9985-4B31-8A60-E98A65EE0126.jpegF7FBC0C2-A3D8-42AD-B670-619FFA32FE46.jpeg

Last edited:
As a lifelong planar aficionado here is the key thing to understanding the achievement of Clarisis: people may love the transparency and openness and believability of planar loudspeakers, but there always has been a conscious and explicit compromise regarding dynamic oomph and impact. I love the transparency and openness of [Analysis Audio, Magnepans, Martin-Logans, etc.] but I am missing the dynamic oomph and impact of cones and the tonal density of cones in the upper bass to lower midrange region.

The achievement of Clarisis loudspeakers is to vanquish this previously unavoidable sonic compromise. Anyone who heard the Minuets at AXPONA will report convincing tonal density and texture in the upper bass to lower midrange region, as well as fully-impactful oomph and dynamics. For someone who likes the presentation of planar loudspeakers there no longer needs to be an excuse, a justification, a weighing of advantages and disadvantages, a rationalization for forfeiting dynamics and power in the low frequencies to enjoy those planar advantages. This loudspeaker design truly does it all.

So on the last day of AXPONA I brought my wife along to demo the Clarysis, since she is very interested in the music also. I know that can be dangerous LOL. We had a 45 minute private demo and noted what songs we listened to. We then went to listen to other systems—spent a lot of time with the MBL 101 E mk2(wow) and Magico, Stenheim, Acora, etc. We also went back and forth between the 2 Clarysis rooms.

I certainly am aware that the listening experience in some of these rooms is marginal at best and can easily jade one’s opinion of the speakers. For example, the Bayz room was terrible, imo, and were only there for about a minute. Too bad. Really would have been great to hear them in even an average room.

So we get home and warm up the system and begin to listen to the music we just had auditioned hours ago. First up is Luther Vandross ”House is not a home“ live version. Within the first minute my wife and I looked at each other and remarked we thought we were hearing a different song. The excitement of a live performance was quite a bit less, his voice wasn’t as resonant, etc. The illusion of bass was there, but not anywhere near the full bass. It was not subtle. Much to my chagrin, the Maggie’s just didn’t stack up to the Clarysis. This was proven out by the rest of the songs we listened to.

I know this isn’t the best way to audition anything, it’s not comprehensive, but it still was very instructive. I know panel speakers work very well in my room having the Maggie’s and before that the Scintilla’s.

The good news is that my wife suggested at the end of the day that I should probably get the larger Studio Plus version! That would have never happened had she not heard these herself.
Besides the speakers, I'd recommend you compare your system vs. the Clarisys, not to mention the age of your speakers. How would the Magnepan 30.7 compare with what I'm sure knowing Mike and the exceptoinal gear I'm sure he used used on the Clarysis?

Wow it's amazing how people hear so different. I wanted to like the Clarisys so bad. The sound was terrible very high fi sounding. All the planars to me at the show sounded awful along with the new JansZen Electrostat. The JansZen in the Bacch room sounded great.

Very interesting. Unless someone just doesn't care for the overall presentation of planar loudspeakers, it's hard for me to imagine someone not liking either the Diptyque or the Clarisis.

Mr. JansZen was totally delightful, but I personally heard his loudspeakers as being lighter in "weight" -- in the CLS sense -- than either the Diptyque or the Clarisis

Reactions: Alrainbow
. . . I'm sure knowing Mike and the exceptoinal gear I'm sure he used used on the Clarysis?

Actually, that monster Hegel amplifier I think is about $19,000, relatively reasonable by high-end audio high-end amplifier standards.

The Clarisys Planars certainly appear to be very well designed and constructed, comprising of good quality materials and finished to a high standard , very nice indeed.
For folks unable or unwilling to stretch to the superb Alsyvox they appear to be offering a relatively affordable option.

Last edited:
Very interesting. Unless someone just doesn't care for the overall presentation of planar loudspeakers, it's hard for me to imagine someone not liking either the Diptyque or the Clarisis.

Mr. JansZen was totally delightful, but I personally heard his loudspeakers as being lighter in "weight" -- in the CLS sense -- than either the Diptyque or the Clarisis
Well I may be the only one that did not like the sound and yes as mentioned earlier I do like planars.

I will listen to Clarisys at HE Munich, the Diptyques at HE 2022 were not my cup of tea.

Matt

Actually, that monster Hegel amplifier I think is about $19,000, relatively reasonable by high-end audio high-end amplifier standards.
Thanks, good to know, but you omitted my second and key point - Comparing a 15 - year - old speaker design to a new one.

How good are these Clarisys Audio Minuets ?... :oops::eek:
If they had them in a bigger room they would sounded a lot better at Axpona 2023 I bet

Best of show winner !

How much do these weigh each? I have seen one report saying they are 160Lbs and another 220 lbs. Big difference!

ozzy

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing