AlsyVox Botticelli with external crossovers

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
This year AlsyVox will display at MOC event centre.

Do you know if they have plans to demo the speakers with the Taiko Extreme server?
Thanks

Matt

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
Don’t know but I’m sure we’ll get information about that soon.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
We can now confirm we will be joining Alsyvox in their room on the ground floor of Hall 1 at the MOC Munich this year.
Nice. Congrats :cool:
Can you already spill the beans on the driving amps?
Those funky looking italian ones again? :eek:
I would love to hear excellent SETs on the AlsyVoxes ;)

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
I think it's a good call on behalf of Alsyvox to showcase them with tubes this time. Daniele uses 300B amps himself. Most of the Jadis line up does not fall in the low tube power category of course.

I have heard the JA80 amps drive MBL 101e speakers remarkably well and those are notoriously difficult speakers.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
I have heard the JA80 amps drive MBL 101e speakers remarkably well and those are notoriously difficult speakers.

Did these have the KT-150 tubes? I do have to admit I like the more powerful and transparent KT-150 presentation while retaining a certain "sweetness". I do care less about the KT-120, in fact prefer the KT-88 over those.

Reactions: christoph

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Did these have the KT-150 tubes? I do have to admit I like the more powerful and transparent KT-150 presentation while retaining a certain "sweetness". I do care less about the KT-120, in fact prefer the KT-88 over those.
I think they were KT88 tubes.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
I think it's a good call on behalf of Alsyvox to showcase them with tubes this time. Daniele uses 300B amps himself. Most of the Jadis line up does not fall in the low tube power category of course.
I agree. I HAS to be tubes :p
Do you know which model?

Reactions: Taiko Audio

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
I agree again with your ranking

Reactions: Taiko Audio

christoph

Dec 11, 2015

Apogeelover

Jun 14, 2016
A cone woofer can manage +/- 7.5 cm displacement in some cases. The Alsyvox +/- 1cm and at that displacement will hit the frame.

So no, not really.

A Duetta panel is about the equivalent of 3 12 inch woofers and can manage about 7mm towards the magnets.

For both the Alysyvox and any all ribbon Apogee, dynamic drivers will play louder. Considerably so.
The actual driven area of the Duetta is equivalent to 6 12 inch bass drivers.Having replaced the bass ribbons on my Duettas myself I don`t recall the distance between the ribbon and magnets as being 7mm;more like 3mm unless your Interstellas are built differently than standard.BTW what type of MRT do the Interstellas have?
I installed the lightweight XLM2 versions,both these and the bass ribbons still going strong after 14 years,which is a testament to Grazs quality.

Reactions: christoph

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
To equal the Botticellis air displacement you would need 4 long stroke 15” woofers each side (9000 cm3).
Hi...was just wondering how one calc this. I was looking at surface area x back and forth movement of the cones/panels. So in the case of the Alsyvox Caravaggio Bass panel which is 1m2 or 1550 inches2 of surface area x say 0.5 inches of excursion , that is 725 cubic inches of displacement.

In the case of 4 x 15" subs (2" excursion), that is 1400 cubic inches of displacement. To get the displacement of the panel to equate to the 4 x 15" subs, the panel would have to move a total of 1 inch from back to front (+/- 0.5 inches).

Is that the right math? I am doing this because I am looking at 4 x 18" subs (3" excursion) which is 3000 cubic inches of dispersion.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing