Alsyvox planars...prepare to sell your Magico's, YG's, Wilson's, Cessaro's. Maggie's, and all others!!

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
Well then I suggest that when you make inquires that you don;t include in the email "I am with Bob Carver". I did speak to Bob, hence the reason I know you have no affiliation with his company even though you introduce yourself as such.

I don't need to "be careful" about anything. A simple snip it of the email would be sufficient enough.

That is the last I will say on the matter as I have said my peace and since I don't have any financial interest in Alsyvox I will take my leave. Hopefully Bob V can repair the damage to the brand.

-J
Dunno Joshua but:
https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/carver-reference-system.25846/

Reactions: dr k

dr k

VIP/Donor
Aug 4, 2016
California
This is very strange. Why did you buy them, and not even try them out? Then you say you want to 'upgrade' How can you upgrade before you even try them out. No way that is normal behavour.

This all seems very odd...
If you bought them direct at a discount, then that could damage the brand for sure reselling. I think you should talk to Alysvox and see if they will take them as a trade in on your 'upgrade'. That is if there is an upgrade?

I've explained this before. I heard the Botticelli's multiple times at audio shows and finally purchased them last year. Caravaggio is not an upgrade (perhaps I misspoke earlier by calling it that). I'm building a room that will accommodate the Carravagio, which is an entire different line that can not be upgraded from the Botticelli. I have already spoken to Alsyvox about my sale, and he has no problem with it. By the way, the US Alsyvox dealer contacted me correcting the US price which is $89,000, not $100,000. In Europe, it's 89,000 Euros which I converted to $100,000 USD. So in the end, whoever takes me up on my speakers are getting a very good deal, but not bargain basement price that will ruin the brand image. It's not the price, but the quality that matters, unlike many manufactures who mark up the price of their speakers just to sell it to the ultra rich crowd. I think I'm done explaining my situation, as I have no obligation to do so. Hope this will suffice.

Reactions: gwalt and Legolas

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
I've explained this before. I heard the Botticelli's multiple times at audio shows and finally purchased them last year. Caravaggio is not an upgrade (perhaps I misspoke earlier by calling it that). I'm building a room that will accommodate the Carravagio, which is an entire different line that can not be upgraded from the Botticelli. I have already spoken to Alsyvox about my sale, and he has no problem with it. By the way, the US Alsyvox dealer contacted me correcting the US price which is $89,000, not $100,000. In Europe, it's 89,000 Euros which I converted to $100,000 USD. So in the end, whoever takes me up on my speakers are getting a very good deal, but not bargain basement price that will ruin the brand image. It's not the price, but the quality that matters, unlike many manufactures who mark up the price of their speakers just to sell it to the ultra rich crowd. I think I'm done explaining my situation, as I have no obligation to do so. Hope this will suffice.

I really don't see any issue here at all, FWIW.

Just enjoy the new room and set up and forget the critiques. It's going to be good. Ludicrously expensive to most, but that's their problem;):)

dr k

VIP/Donor
Aug 4, 2016
California
I really don't see any issue here at all, FWIW.

Just enjoy the new room and set up and forget the critiques. It's going to be good. Ludicrously expensive to most, but that's their problem;):)

Thanks to arostar59, Alsyvox is backing out on our agreement to upgrade to the Caravaggio. This on top of him trying to ruin my reputation on this board. This is the kind of stuff I expect on Audio Asylum.

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
Thanks to arostar59, Alsyvox is backing out on our agreement to upgrade to the Caravaggio. This on top of him trying to ruin my reputation on this board. This is the kind of stuff I expect on Audio Asylum.
No sir, I am questioning you process on selling such new (expensive) speakers without even hearing them. Now you have explained it, I am satisfied, thank you. As to Alsyvox 'backing out', that is nothing to do with my post on here 40 minutes ago.

In this forum, we are expected to have to answer questions, and you did promote your sale today. So you can expect questions. If you don't want any, don't post.

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014

Really?

My statement was only based on superficial information. Obviously I don't know everything.

dr k

VIP/Donor
Aug 4, 2016
California
No sir, I am questioning you process on selling such new (expensive) speakers without even hearing them. Now you have explained it, I am satisfied, thank you. As to Alsyvox 'backing out', that is nothing to do with my post on here 40 minutes ago.

In this forum, we are expected to have to answer questions, and you did promote your sale today. So you can expect questions. If you don't want any, don't post.

Yours weren't just questions. You deliberately attacked my reputation. As for Alsyvox backing out, it was you. I can verify that. Move on.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
I heard the Alsyvox 4-panel reference speaker in Munich and it was a very memorable experience hearing a unique and wonderful speaker.

It has me thinking about panel speakers again in a whole new light; always liked what some of the great ones did but these showed full range
and very dynamic performance characteristics along with great musical realism and of course stunning imaging.

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
Actually, I must say, I support a LOT of small audio manufactures, some one man band by helping them promote their brands with my design skills. I actively go out of my way to help people. I think you have got this all upside down.
Yours weren't just questions. You deliberately attacked my reputation. Move on.
Well, it does seem you answered my questions, and I said I was satisfied by the answers. Banging on here about negatives after that, is getting your reputation more torn up than just, well, moving on as you say......

Rob181

Oct 1, 2014
Yours weren't just questions. You deliberately attacked my reputation. As for Alsyvox backing out, it was you. I can verify that. Move on.

Please verify - this reeks of BS...

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Let me get this right. Comments from one member on this forum has sabotaged the sale of a high worth component to another.

So, uber priced spkrs that don't exactly fly out of the factory, we're expected to believe that pithy comments by someone not involved in the transaction has resulted in the transaction being aborted, w resultant loss of over $100k to the company.

BS doesn't seem like a strong enough word.

Reactions: Legolas

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
For those that seem deeply concerned with this sale, I have talked to Daniele at Alsyvox. Alsyvox is fine with what is happening with regards to this sale and I as an Alsyvox dealer am totally fine with what is happening with this sale as well as the original sale. The Alsyvox customer is fine with what is happening as well.

Only the people who do not know anything about any of the details are the ones that are upset and throwing insults and making unfounded accusations, and for what exact reason may I ask?

Can you explain why exactly anyone other than Alsyvox and the customer should be told the details of this purchase and re-sale? Sorry, I don't get it, please explain why this all should be explained on a public forum.

Why should the seller have to explain anything to anyone about what he is doing. All he did on this forum was say that the speakers were for sale, not another word.....until he was attacked.

I can tell you the sale from Alsyvox was totally legitimate, prior to a US dealer network being set up. With two dealers in place now these sales will no longer occur directly from Alsyvox.

If anyone has any specific questions regarding US sales of Alsyvox speakers please ask them directly to either Alsyvox, myself or Dr. Vinyl.

dr k

VIP/Donor
Aug 4, 2016
California
Let me get this right. Comments from one member on this forum has sabotaged the sale of a high worth component to another.

So, uber priced spkrs that don't exactly fly out of the factory, we're expected to believe that pithy comments by someone not involved in the transaction has resulted in the transaction being aborted, w resultant loss of over $100k to the company.

BS doesn't seem like a strong enough word.

There's no surprise that the US dealer of Alsyvox and manufacturer follow this thread. When spiritofmusic posts I'm a "con artist" burying the US dealer by selling my speakers 25% off list price and stating a flat out lie that I am a Bob Carver employee, the US dealer and manufacturer are going to take notice of such negative publicity. I was DIRECTLY contacted by the manufacturer because of this thread. $100k list price is not hardly $100k to the manufacturer. Think 1:5 to 1:8 markup from manufacturer to consumer, although the markup may not be as great for Alsyvox given the outstanding quality of their speakers. A start up manufacturer don't want bad publicity and bad relations with its dealer.

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Hey, correction, this is not my comment. Have never called anyone a con artist. Glad we've cleared that up. Outta here.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing