Alsyvox planars...prepare to sell your Magico's, YG's, Wilson's, Cessaro's. Maggie's, and all others!!

BillK

Aug 25, 2015
Which is precisely why I bought the B-Xs despite at that time owning a pair of Stereophile Class "A" Recommended conventional speakers - they provide all of that Apogee magic that I loved and none of the drawbacks except the issues one has when overdriving the extension of any loudspeaker.

(When I owned Vivid Giya G2s, if driven too hard one woofer would cone would get stuck "out" and I would have to gently push it back into place at which time it would start working normally again. :oops:)

• Wow
Reactions: christoph

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
This is press release that was released yesterday regarding Alsyvox in the US -

ALSYVOX S.L.
Calle Doctor JJ Domine, 4/2 46011 Valencia - Spain
VAT: ES-B98888217
+34 697 454 945
For Immediate release-

We are pleased to announce that we have entered into a strategic U.S. exclusive distribution agreement with Rhapsody.Audio. Effective from December 1, 2022, Rhapsody.Audio is appointed as the Alsyvox- audio design exclusive distributor for the United States of America for all sales and support activities which involve Alsyvox-Audio products.

We are confident that our partnership with Rhapsody.Audio will provide our customers with outstanding quality and exceptional customer service, allowing Alsyvox to continue on its growth path in the US.

Rhapsody.Audio has five US locations, including Portland, Chicago, West Palm Beach, Dallas/Fort Worth and its home office in Brooklyn, New York. Rhapsody.Audio has Alsyvox products available for demonstration purposes in all of its US locations.

The company AlsyvoxTMaudio design
Our designer is an Italian Aerospace Engineer, so Italian Design is a natural consequence.
Our speakers are made by hand with love, using exclusive and patented design. All critical parts are made by us, the other parts are sourced from the best worldwide suppliers, typically aesthetical parts are made in Italy, electrical parts are made in Germany, everything is assembled, carefully tested and signed by our chief engineer in our laboratories in Spain.

You can learn more about Alsyvox-audio design at https://alsyvox.com/

Information for Rhapsody.Audio is available at https://rhapsody.audio/

Reactions: Zero000 and Bobvin

gwalt

Jan 4, 2019
This is press release that was released yesterday regarding Alsyvox in the US -

ALSYVOX S.L.
Calle Doctor JJ Domine, 4/2 46011 Valencia - Spain
VAT: ES-B98888217
+34 697 454 945
For Immediate release-

We are pleased to announce that we have entered into a strategic U.S. exclusive distribution agreement with Rhapsody.Audio. Effective from December 1, 2022, Rhapsody.Audio is appointed as the Alsyvox- audio design exclusive distributor for the United States of America for all sales and support activities which involve Alsyvox-Audio products.

We are confident that our partnership with Rhapsody.Audio will provide our customers with outstanding quality and exceptional customer service, allowing Alsyvox to continue on its growth path in the US.

Rhapsody.Audio has five US locations, including Portland, Chicago, West Palm Beach, Dallas/Fort Worth and its home office in Brooklyn, New York. Rhapsody.Audio has Alsyvox products available for demonstration purposes in all of its US locations.

The company AlsyvoxTMaudio design
Our designer is an Italian Aerospace Engineer, so Italian Design is a natural consequence.
Our speakers are made by hand with love, using exclusive and patented design. All critical parts are made by us, the other parts are sourced from the best worldwide suppliers, typically aesthetical parts are made in Italy, electrical parts are made in Germany, everything is assembled, carefully tested and signed by our chief engineer in our laboratories in Spain.

You can learn more about Alsyvox-audio design at https://alsyvox.com/

Information for Rhapsody.Audio is available at https://rhapsody.audio/
Congratulations Bob. You have worked hard to get this opportunity and I wish you the best in terms of future success.

Reactions: bonzo75

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Congratulations Bob. You have worked hard to get this opportunity and I wish you the best in terms of future success.
As always, thank you Gary:)

caesar

May 30, 2010
Any plans to get the Alsyvox speakers to any "famous" reviewers? Or jut let it grow organically?

I know there are risks involved with the reviewer approach. If they make their brands their reference and call in best for 5-10 years, as valin did for magico it can pay huge dividends, as he put magico on the map as a serious challenger to wilson. But there could also be a lot of backlash to the propaganda and misinformation, if the brand is associated with the wrong guy. But, on the other hand, that polarization can also pay huge dividends!

caesar

May 30, 2010
Also, want to mention is that I love the Rhapsody business strategy of satellite dealerships. This reach should definitely very helpful in helping to break through the bandwagon effects of the wilsons and other incumbents.

Great stuff! All the best!

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Any plans to get the Alsyvox speakers to any "famous" reviewers? Or jut let it grow organically?

I know there are risks involved with the reviewer approach. If they make their brands their reference and call in best for 5-10 years, as valin did for magico it can pay huge dividends, as he put magico on the map as a serious challenger to wilson. But there could also be a lot of backlash to the propaganda and misinformation, if the brand is associated with the wrong guy. But, on the other hand, that polarization can also pay huge dividends!
Hi Caesar,

One of the issues is the size, weight etc of the Botticelli X. Having thought about it for a while and desiring to have a published review, we recently had Greg Weaver, visit Rhapsody in Brooklyn for 3 days to do a review on the Botticelli X. The review will be published in Tone Audio Magazine in the near future.

We would have sent the speakers to Greg but his listening room is 13's wide, just a smidge too narrow to do the BX justice especially for a review.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

You need to congratulate Alsyvox for getting Rhapsody as distributor

• Haha
Reactions: heihei and Rhapsody

BillK

Aug 25, 2015
I’m not sure I would trust most of the current magazine reviewers to review the B-X simply because most of them have long standing biases towards conventional drivers, and most have listening rooms with treatments on the walls for conventional speaker systems, many of which just plain don’t work for planars.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Rhapsody or Alsyvox doesn't advertise in the main publications, so there is little interest from them to do an Alsyvox review. It is what it is.

Reactions: BillK

BillK

Aug 25, 2015
Rhapsody or Alsyvox doesn't advertise in the main publications, so there is little interest from them to do an Alsyvox review. It is what it is.

Honestly I could see where a Rhapsody ad might not be a bad idea as some may not know that you have showrooms outside of New York now, but I don’t see where an Alsyvox ad would do any good.

gwalt

Jan 4, 2019
You need to congratulate Alsyvox for getting Rhapsody as distributor
My story with Bob and Alsyvox goes back a ways......I choose not to share on this site. Congratulations also to Daniele of Alsyvox for this relationship. You can ping me if curiosity is a bother.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
My story with Bob and Alsyvox goes back a ways......I choose not to share on this site. Congratulations also to Daniele of Alsyvox for this relationship. You can ping me if curiosity is a bother.
Haha, it actually goes back probably 15+ years ago, long before Alsyvox. And then, for me, after a hiatus for 30 years from full range ribbons, when I owned six pair of Apogees in the 80's/90's Gary put Alsyvox on my Radar.

I don't think I had ever heard the name Alsyvox prior to Gary introducing it to me. So actually any thx goes to Gary from my perspective. And to Daniele for also falling in love with full range ribbons via Apogees in the 80s.

Gary, Daniele, myself and lot's of others around the globe are all full range ribbon speaker enthusiasts. At the present time we, and many others are devoted Alsyvox lovers.

gwalt

Jan 4, 2019
Haha, it actually goes back probably 15+ years ago, long before Alsyvox. And then, for me, after a hiatus for 30 years from full range ribbons, when I owned six pair of Apogees in the 80's/90's Gary put Alsyvox on my Radar.

I don't think I had ever heard the name Alsyvox prior to Gary introducing it to me. So actually any thx goes to Gary from my perspective. And to Daniele for also falling in love with full range ribbons via Apogees in the 80s.

Gary, Daniele, myself and lot's of others around the globe are all full range ribbon speaker enthusiasts. At the present time we, and many others are devoted Alsyvox lovers.
Thanks Bob, I could not have explained near like you can. But again, that's in the past so best of luck in the future. May the sales be with you. I get so many relaxing and fun moments with these speakers as I am sure the other owners do as well. You are so fortunate to have them in your line-up. Best Wishes for continued success to you and Daniele of Alsyvox.

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Autumn, night-time listening with Botticelli X before all the leaves have fallen. Come visit in Portland and hear what all the fuss is about with Alsyvox panels. I promise, the sound doesn't suck. ;)

IMG_4518.jpg

Levitator

Jul 1, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
Autumn, night-time listening with Botticelli X before all the leaves have fallen. Come visit in Portland and hear what all the fuss is about with Alsyvox panels. I promise, the sound doesn't suck. ;)

View attachment 100716
That looks very nice Bob, warm and cosy! As a fellow owner, I know what all the fuss is about

What electronics are you using? Looks like a Pilium amp if I’m not mistaken but not sure which one…

Reactions: BillK and Bobvin

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
You nailed it! Pilium Achilles. The rest of the rig is noted in my signature.

what model Alsyvox do you have, and what are you driving them with?

Last edited:

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
We aren’t selling our Magicos! They are absolutely awesome!!!

Levitator

Jul 1, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
You nailed it! Pilium Achilles. The rest of the rig is noted in my signature.

what model Alsyvox do you have, and what are you driving them with?
Botticelli X - German Physiks integrated at the moment, what a surprise packet this amp is as it took over duty from D’Agostino Momentum

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing