Antileon Evo paired with Tube linestage ?

And yes I think the Evo is good value. Better sounding less dry than Mephisto and is a much newer design. Apex is better but at a huge price delta

Reactions: aangen
I am currently using the Antileon Evo / Pandora combination. My new Commander should arrive before the end of the month.

Reactions: aangen
When I had the Pandora / Legato / Antileon Evo / Kalliope stack I was pretty certain I was done. I was very pleased with it and couldn't conceive of what would move me away from it. Then the Commander and Apex were announced. The Kalliope went away to be replaced by the Ethos.
Right now I am four weeks in to using the new Gryphon PowerZone 3.20. With a Commander and Apex you have to ask yourself what could a "Power Conditioner" offer to such gear. Well, surprise surprise, it steps them up to a place I couldn't have imagined. It is a not subtle change. It makes no sense that a totally passive device could make such a beautiful difference. Gryphon strikes again!
And what it does for a Commander and Apex it also does for a Diablo 300. It is definitely a "if you get a chance to try one of these, do it!" proposition. Highly, Highly, Highly recommended. Don't think of it as yet another power conditioner, think of it as a system enhancer. That is what it is.

I will look at the Power Zone, but I stumbled onto what I think is a similar situation. My friend sent me two new Shunyata Typhon 2s,. The 30 amp versions with the umbilcal cords. I had been running an Everest, but not for the EVO, as each side of the EVO was plugged into it's own 20 amp dedicated circuit. First I tried one Typhon and plugged both sides of the EVO into the two outlets in back. That combo was different, but I wasn't sold on that investment. Then I tried two Typhon 2s using the 30 amp umbilical cords, one each for each side of the EVO. This was a sit back and have your mind blown. The sound opened up, the separation improvement was notable. PRAT improved, BUT in my room and system there was a tiny remaining edge or sibilence that went away. After considerable effort to get to this sound I had stumbled across it. I then decided to see if I could eliminate the Everest by using the 4 outlets (2 each one of the Typhon 2s). I am digital only so I just have a Grimm streamer and a Lampizator Horizon, and an AfterDark Netone switch so I can get away with the limited plugs.
So that is a long story that is similar to the Power Zone experience. It is counterintuitive to think that a 200 pound amp would benefit to this extent by power conditioning. I then migrated from Shunyata Sigma V2 power cords to 4 AQ Dragon PCs. I was able able to dump the Shunyata NR versions as I no longer had any sibilence what so ever. I had decided to swap the crappy little C15 IEC inlets to a top qaulity C19. I had some grinding to do, but this is a needed change as my Sigma V2 PCs barely stayed plugged into the C15 IECs. Now the Dragons go into the new C19 IECs and hold like a dream. As part of the move to the Dragons I ordered C19 plugs. Next up were Swiss Digital fuses, and then the Graphene slugs. The Graphene slugs opened and deeped the sound stage also to a point that surprized and delighted me. I haven't gone back and forth with the Graphene slugs in my Horizon nor Grimm streamer, but I can fully recommend the Graphene slugs in the EVO. I believe that the Graphene slugs make a positive difference in all four components, but once they are in the amp it's a bigger test process to test them in the other components by themselves. It sounds so nice I'm not going to go through that test.
In summary I recommend the 30 amp version of the Shunyata Typhon 2, Swiss digital fuses with Graphene slugs, AQ dragons, and replacing the light duty C15 IECs to C19 inlets. Whew, sorry it took so many words to share my experience.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu