Antipodes CX+EX

RaChiK

Sep 13, 2020
The Version 2.8 note is in error. For now Version 2.7 is the latest version and continues to receive updates.
Yes. The current version is 2.7. I emailed Tony from antipodes and he said that current version is still 2.7 and 2.8 is just showing as error.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Good to hear you are operational again. After all that, does either unit indicate that it is now on SW 2.8? I’ve run the update multiple times and it still indicates the version is still SW 2.7 on each unit even though the updates appear to run through normally. I haven’t had your connectivity issue though. I use hqplayer, not Roon Ready.

I, and possibly several others here, would encourage you to follow through on your Extreme thoughts:p. There appears to be a shortage of dual CX+EX and Extreme owners out there who are willing to do a direct compare.
Yes, somebody with cx+ex experience please take the leap into the extreme territory and then report back... for the good of all :)

Tuckia

Jun 3, 2019
Yes, somebody with cx+ex experience please take the leap into the extreme territory and then report back... for the good of all :)
Just to better understand what an extra $15k usd will get you. Could start a GoFundMe campaign. Some have snagged demos too.

To further complicate the issue I'm adding LDMS to my list. Pricewise, this is more direct competition to a K50. I'm sure all of these options in the upper price ranges have merit. But I'm tiring of reading comments such as "it's really good". If only Srajan Ebaen would take on the challenge of parsing the differences between said units. Then I could pop a couple Aderall, sit back, and absorb the flowery verbosity which floweth from his pen.

Darmstadtium

Dec 18, 2019
Ireland
Has anyone got hold of the K50 yet ? would love to hear feedback from them :)

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
Mine is supposedly shipping this week.

Reactions: Darmstadtium

Darmstadtium

Dec 18, 2019
Ireland
btw, my apologies for going OT. I have been a bit feeling "unfulfilled" with my stereo's sound during certain days... I upgraded my power conditioner to the Audiotricity chimera signature.. based on my dealers advice, he even promised me 30 day money back no questions asked ..long story short, I am extremely contended with my stereo now on all days. night or day . just thought I will let you guys know of this extremely little known brand

Tuckia

Jun 3, 2019
Reactions: the sound of Tao

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
I always enjoy reading his reviews but have not read his blog in a while. Was catching up and noticed that he finally sold the JRDG Model 6's. I though he would never sell them. I still have my pair and don't plan on parting with them until I'm gone.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
i'm also waiting for K50 feedbacks.
I haven't yet ordered my music server therefore still have time to make a choice.

Tuckia

Jun 3, 2019
Reactions: the sound of Tao

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
To further complicate the issue I'm adding LDMS to my list...

Smart move as wizard after many months of hard work made a huge leap forward with his new SW upgrade (reported by several guys already enjoying the upgrade) and mine I’ll pick up in a few days...and will report back in proper thread

Reactions: christoph

Tuckia

Jun 3, 2019
Smart move as wizard after many months of hard work made a huge leap forward with his new SW upgrade (reported by several guys already enjoying the upgrade) and mine I’ll pick up in a few days...and will report back in proper thread
Golum, I eagerly await your report as well. These are exciting times for music servers. The steep learning curves by those pushing the limits are bearing fruit. I already have great performance from my CX+EX into the Pacific and am enthusiastic about where this can go yet.

Are you receiving a Maximus with Ideon 3R Master Time embedded? Please share.

True, this thread is getting slightly off track. Maybe its time to start separate Antipodes OLADRA and new LDMS threads.

Reactions: christoph

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Golum, I eagerly await your report as well. These are exciting times for music servers. The steep learning curves by those pushing the limits are bearing fruit. I already have great performance from my CX+EX into the Pacific and am enthusiastic about where this can go yet.

Are you receiving a Maximus with Ideon 3R Master Time embedded? Please share.

True, this thread is getting slightly off track. Maybe its time to start separate Antipodes OLADRA and new LDMS threads.
There is LDMS thread ;) so I’ll of course post there. Just briefly - I have LDMS for a good year and half now being upgraded with new SW now and mastertime reclocker will be fitted inside during next visit to CH in Jan ‘21 most probably.
Even before all this it was fantastic but now i expect it go much further based on few reports from Zurich ;). More to come...sorry for off here!

swatello

Apr 17, 2020
Hello Guys,
So, the first impression is really good, K50 is next step, very interesting machine compare to EX-CX combo. Some later i will post more detailed review coz the device is very new, also i am using new pair of SR Orange fuses.

Attachments

• D76DFADD-7F97-4AFE-A1C1-C830FD5FFAD0.jpeg
    D76DFADD-7F97-4AFE-A1C1-C830FD5FFAD0.jpeg
    751.1 KB · Views: 21

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
So far I think I like the K50 better than the P02. Blows the doors off the Aurender S10 I was using. More later.

Reactions: Scott W and Tuckia

philoouu

Dec 14, 2012
Dear all
I am very interested in this new K50. One question for the lucky ones already using it.
Are you running Roon core on it? With a relatively large music library? How fast is it? I am wondering how much is the memory?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing