Any one using Acoustic Revive devices or Acoustic System Resonators?

defride

VIP/Donor
Mar 28, 2013
I've had an RGC-24 grounding device in my system for several years. When I got it I felt it made a difference and used it via an unused RCA on the back of an Aesthetix pre-amp. I recently changed amps to an Analog Domain Int and reinstalled the ground to it's ground point, should A/B but haven't.

The dealer lent me a Schumann Generator for a few weeks but I didn't notice any benefit so returned it

Joe Cohen

Industry Expert
Jun 10, 2012
I've had an RGC-24 grounding device in my system for several years. When I got it I felt it made a difference and used it via an unused RCA on the back of an Aesthetix pre-amp. I recently changed amps to an Analog Domain Int and reinstalled the ground to it's ground point, should A/B but haven't.

The dealer lent me a Schumann Generator for a few weeks but I didn't notice any benefit so returned it

We have documented that some small percentage of people do not hear any difference with the RR-888 Ultra Low Frequency Generator while at the same time others report significant improvements. When we first demo-ed them at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest we had it on a jury-rigged shelf on the side wall and were using an outboard power supply that we could switch on and off. We would demonstrate its effectiveness by playing a cut with it on and then switching it off and vice-versa. There was one attendee who was so taken with what he heard that he went out into the hall and repeatedly ushered people in to hear the demo. So this begs the question, "Does it affect the system or the listener or both?" Can't answer that one definitively.

Last edited:

defride

VIP/Donor
Mar 28, 2013
We have documented that some small percentage of people do not hear any difference with the RR-888 Ultra Low Frequency Generator while at the same time others report significant improvements. When we first demo-ed them at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest we had it on a jerry-rigged shelf on the side wall and were using an outboard power supply that we could switch on and off. We would demonstrate its effectiveness by playing a cut with it on and then switching it off and vice-versa. There was one attendee who was so taken with what he heard that he went out into the hall and repeatedly ushered people in to hear the demo. So this begs the question, "Does it affect the system or the listener or both?" Can't answer that one definitively.

I can believe that. The dealer was sold on using one and not someone in my experience who sold for the sake of it. Enjoying my system too much to switch out the RGC-24 right now. Sometimes you've just got to relax, enjoy and go with it

Joe Cohen

Industry Expert
Jun 10, 2012
I can believe that. The dealer was sold on using one and not someone in my experience who sold for the sake of it. Enjoying my system too much to switch out the RGC-24 right now. Sometimes you've just got to relax, enjoy and go with it

Couldn't agree more!

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
www.musicfirstdistribution.ca
I am interested in making my walls disappear in my reference system so it's more like being in the actual venue.

The Acoustic Revive devices seem interesting:

http://www.acoustic-revive.com/english/roomtuning/

RR-888 low-frequency pulse generator

QR-8 resonator

RCG-24 Ground Conditioner

The Acoustic System resonators are also interesting, although expensive. These seem to work at audio frequencies.

acoustic-system-international@wanadoo.fr

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/acousticsystem/resonators.html

Any experience with any of these?

Thanks
Steve, I have 6 Schumann wave generators in my system that I bought off EBay. The guy is in the phillipines As I Recall. I feel they generic ones are more effective than the 888's after doing a comparison, probably because they are more powerful. One Schumann wave generator off of EBay equals about 2 AR 888's and they are much cheaper. Very effective devices; one on the front wall, one behind the listening position and two on each 25 foot side walls is my final setup. My room is open concept, 13.5w x 45 feet long with the listening chairs about 16 feet from the front wall.

miniguy

Dec 18, 2013
San Diego area
I tvin
Of all the alternate grounding devices that have appeared in the market over the past several years, I think the Acoustic Revive RGC-24 is a “sleeper” product, not widely recognized or discussed. It differs from all or most of the others by functioning UNDER a component, where the user places it for optimal effect, usually under the power transformer. It is relatively low profile so does not require much additional height of the component, if any. Dave Clark’s experience with it resembles my own. Be aware that the price has changed quite a bit since his review.
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue34/noise.htm

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com
Steve, I have 6 Schumann wave generators in my system that I bought off EBay. The guy is in the phillipines As I Recall. I feel they generic ones are more effective than the 888's after doing a comparison, probably because they are more powerful. One Schumann wave generator off of EBay equals about 2 AR 888's and they are much cheaper. Very effective devices; one on the front wall, one behind the listening position and two on each 25 foot side walls is my final setup. My room is open concept, 13.5w x 45 feet long with the listening chairs about 16 feet from the front wall.

I have one of these from Indonesia. I didn't like the effect so far, but I have not put it up high yet.

How high did you mount yours?

Describe the improvement you have heard please.

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
www.musicfirstdistribution.ca
All of them are about 5 feet off the ground. Close to the walls, except the one behind the LP, which is on top of an ASC tube trap.

IMO, if you don't like the Indonesian ones, you probably wont like the ARs. I also power them with LPSs as the wall warts sacrifice SQ for me.

I hear better coherency and articulation with them, as well as a more organic presentation, for lack of a better descriptor. If your only using one, try it behind your head first.

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com
I will try that, thanks.

BTW, I have a silver Music First TVC and use it when I need a linestage. I got it cryo-treated and it took away any harshness. Very nice now. I had to recently take it apart and apply contact cleaner/lube to all of the contacts.

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com
I installed the Stein Music H2's and upgraded them to signature with good effect. Alone they make a big difference in the liveness, separation and focus. Even the dynamics and slam factor are improved significantly. I also am using one R-888 Resonator with good effect, placed behind the listening position about 4 feet off the floor. I actually have it sitting on a tall tube trap that I'm not using. It is powered from my own Dynamo LPS.

Then, I added recently the following Stein Music stones:
  1. Blue Sun Signature/Blue Diamond – behind the TV
  2. Blue Sun/Blue Diamond – right and left walls by the speakers
  3. two Blue Diamonds – right and left walls up high between speakers and listener
  4. two Blue Diamonds – right and left walls up high at listening position
  5. Blue Sun Signature on the ceiling beam center of the room
  6. Blue Sun back of the room up high
The interesting thing is that position 4 stones really pulled forward the vocalists into the room, where they were recessed previously. Position (1) and (6) really boosted the dynamics and improved focus. Position (3) and (4) seemed to widen the image and make it more airy. The effect of (5) was more subtle and it needed the Signature to even hear the difference. I removed the Blue Diamond from (5) because it didn’t seem to help, maybe even made it less effective at adding height to the image.

See photos:

Position (1) - behind the TV. Also see the H2 signatures left and right of the speakers:

IMG_1874.JPG

Positions (2) and (3) left side:

IMG_1795.JPG

Positions (2), (3) and (4) right side:

IMG_1797.JPG

Position (5):

IMG_1796.JPG

Music and movie listening are now greatly enhanced. Like being inside the studio or venue and inside the movie set.

Last edited:
Reactions: CKKeung

Bettypill

Jul 10, 2020
I have acoustic systems resonator bowls and sugar cubes. For me both have made my room an excellent sounding space. I moved from a fairly large room to a small one due to a complete relocation. I had the bowls and the cubes in the original home, so having them with me enabled me to tune the room to suit the system. I initially thought I might have had to change the speakers because on paper the space is too small for them. But five years later and I am move than happy with my system.
Franck Tchang is very helpful in giving advice. I emailed him directly and a prompted and courteous reply. I have heard that you can take photos of your room and attach them to your message and he can give you advice. I am about to buy three more, so I am putting my money down in support of my opinions.
One of the many benefits of resonators, is that you play around with them much as you - satisfies the tweaker in me - and they last a life time.

Bar81

Mar 24, 2017
Of all the alternate grounding devices that have appeared in the market over the past several years, I think the Acoustic Revive RGC-24 is a “sleeper” product, not widely recognized or discussed. It differs from all or most of the others by functioning UNDER a component, where the user places it for optimal effect, usually under the power transformer. It is relatively low profile so does not require much additional height of the component, if any. Dave Clark’s experience with it resembles my own. Be aware that the price has changed quite a bit since his review.
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue34/noise.htm

Agreed. The RGC-24 is clearly missed in my system when removed. It's a fantastic grounding supplement to the Computer Audio Design GC1 on my preamp. Can't say the same for the RR-777; I've never been able to hear any improvement using it no matter where it's placed.

Reactions: Stef

miniguy

Dec 18, 2013
San Diego area
Agreed. The RGC-24 is clearly missed in my system when removed. It's a fantastic grounding supplement to the Computer Audio Design GC1 on my preamp. Can't say the same for the RR-777; I've never been able to hear any improvement using it no matter where it's placed.
The RR-888 is much better, especially with an upgraded power supply in place of the wall wort.

Reactions: Empirical Audio

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
I have Acoustic System Resonnators and the Stein H2 (x4). Both work Very well. If I had to keep only one I would choose the Acoustic System. They enhance the music but they also enhance the ambiance in the room even when there is no music playing. Good vibes or Zen ? I don’t know (and don’t care), but the effect is real. They are not exclusive of other room acoustic tweaks like the Stein and the Bybee ARN.

Reactions: Cellcbern

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com
I have Acoustic System Resonnators and the Stein H2 (x4). Both work Very well. If I had to keep only one I would choose the Acoustic System. They enhance the music but they also enhance the ambiance in the room even when there is no music playing. Good vibes or Zen ? I don’t know (and don’t care), but the effect is real. They are not exclusive of other room acoustic tweaks like the Stein and the Bybee ARN.

Do you also have all of the Stein Blue Suns and Blue Diamonds? The H1's on top of each speaker?

These seem to make a profound effect as well.

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
I have the Blue Sun (white colored) and the Diamonds, but the 4 H2 are not on the speakers. They are more conventionally positionned in the 4 corners of the room. You can put some Diamonds on top of the speakers with good effect. You can also add some on the H2s, but be careful of the « too much of a good thing » .

Empirical Audio

Industry Expert
Oct 12, 2017
Great Pacific Northwest
www.empiricalaudio.com
I have Blue Sun Signatures with Blue Diamonds on top in 6 locations. A Blue Sun Signature only on the ceiling. For big rooms, the larger ones are more effective. I'm now integrating 4 of the Pro Gold ones for theaters into my room. Holger Stein helped me a lot with the placement. He claims that you don't need any passive treatments if you use all of these.

The H1's on the speakers are really effective in focusing everything.

wil

Jul 22, 2015
All of them are about 5 feet off the ground. Close to the walls, except the one behind the LP, which is on top of an ASC tube trap.

IMO, if you don't like the Indonesian ones, you probably wont like the ARs. I also power them with LPSs as the wall warts sacrifice SQ for me.

I hear better coherency and articulation with them, as well as a more organic presentation, for lack of a better descriptor. If your only using one, try it behind your head first.
How are you powering each resonator -- each with it's own linear supply?

Last edited:

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
I have used both RGC-24 and RR-888 and I have removed them from my system.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing