Any requests for CES 2016? (Now Answers from Show)

Any news from Panasonic on bringing their OLED to the US. Saw one at Harrod's the other day. Nicest OLED picture I have seen yet, even if it is curved. Hope they bring a flat on to the US. Oh, and the price. £8,000 or $12,000. Ouch.
Definitely of interest. Again if you see any announcements from them, please post it here.

Can you do a bit of research for me and see if they will have the Neolith there and if so, where? But yes, I am interested in it specially given Ron's travels and preference for it.

"Stop by Suite #34-210 at The Venetian hotel and hear demonstrations of MartinLogan's flagship electrostatic loudspeaker NEOLITH, powered by Constellation Audio components!"

Great. That makes it easy. They must have one of the larger suites to be able to do this demo and I think level 34 is all that type of suites.

Amir, I guess I should not have written 4K streamer. That sounds like the bill from my urologist. LOL. Yes, a 4K wireless extender. Like I wrote, I do not want to tear into my plaster walls and ceiling again to run new HDMI cables.

I thought that is what you meant :). The uncompressed HDMI solutions run at high frequency so won't go through walls. The others have built-in compression of different sorts. But I will keep an eye on them and see what I find.

I would be very curious to know what you think of the sound of the MartinLogan Neolith driven by Constellation electronics.

Will do Ron.

Thank you!

I know from my contact at MartinLogan that ML is pleased that Constellation selected the Neolith to demo with.

I was labouring under the impression that your mind was pretty well 'set' where Martin Logan transducers are concerned amirm!

Thing is I have never heard a panel sounding good at a show. And then I have heard those in private rooms and they sounded excellent

I was labouring under the impression that your mind was pretty well 'set' where Martin Logan transducers are concerned amirm!
I don't tour these shows for my sake alone. Much of what I do is to serve the membership at large. Editing nearly 1000 pictures and posting them requires more motivation than my own needs :).

And no, I have no opinion of ML in that regard other than the one specific model that I have heard. The rest are fair game.

My pleasure. So I would be looking for Constellation room to find them?

Stop by Suite #34-210 at The Venetian hotel and hear demonstrations
of MartinLogan's flagship electrostatic loudspeaker NEOLITH, powered
by Constellation Audio components!

http://www.martinlogan.com/truth/

I think Amir is very intellectually honest. If it turns out that he does not like the Neolith I believe I often can learn more from someone who is critical of a product than I can from someone who is a fan of it.

I think Amir is very intellectually honest. If it turns out that he does not like the Neolith I believe I often can learn more from someone who is critical of a product than I can from someone who is a fan of it.

Quite so Ron, however I retain a level of scepticism in the objectivity of 'anyone' walking into a show demonstration with the following mind set Viz.

The appeal of Martin Logan belies the objective measurements of it.
Clearly above 2 Khz, performance goes to hell. There is nothing remotely high fidelity about a loudspeaker that goes nuts that way. When I listened to them blind, I thought the speaker was a broken one put in there as a control to catch deaf people :). Whereas prior to that, I thought they were a very good speaker. Now sighted I can hear the same issues and no longer like their sound.

My pleasure. So I would be looking for Constellation room to find them?
No.Constellation will be driving the Neolith in the room number I gave you..

Last edited:
No.COnstellation will be driving the Neolith in the room number I gave you..
He wants the same thing Greg: "I would be very curious to know what you think of the sound of the MartinLogan Neolith driven by Constellation electronics." My bad for already forgetting what you asked about being the same thing :D. Fear not as I will review this list during the show.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing