Anyone connecting Lampizator PACIFIC Dac using RCA connections

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
So you’re the WBF “wonder” police are you?

Good comeback lol.
Ill go as far as I bet it still hums when it Comes back. And we will be there to help
We all need a flag or lampizator cape or something.
All I want is no more it’s the lampizator talk. It’s actually all of your system and how it interacts connected. If when it returns you still have issues I’ll help. But it’s my way or let the all knowing make you go in circles. I don’t mean to be grimace but there are way too many ideas and all can’t collide at once is all I’m saying ok.
If not I’m cool and I still mean you to enjoy your audio.

Redphu

Sep 24, 2018
Good comeback lol.
Ill go as far as I bet it still hums when it Comes back. And we will be there to help
We all need a flag or lampizator cape or something.
All I want is no more it’s the lampizator talk. It’s actually all of your system and how it interacts connected. If when it returns you still have issues I’ll help. But it’s my way or let the all knowing make you go in circles. I don’t mean to be grimace but there are way too many ideas and all can’t collide at once is all I’m saying ok.
If not I’m cool and I still mean you to enjoy your audio.

I hear you loud and clear good sir.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Have been running the RK 5u4g with RK PX25 for some time now going back to the GG1 version. Sold off the KR PX4 already and listed the WE101D L. Have a GEC U52, but not inclined to use it. I like the dynamics of the KR recti. Sold the EML 5au4 mesh recti. Occasionally I pull a pair of Audio Art 300b out of my VAC amp, but this is for vocal play, not everyday. Like the GG2, the PAC is SE no VC.

Rob of Lampi NA informed me that output voltage is now switchable 2V to 4V. I’m eager to try this as system gain is quite high. No overload in the pre, but very little VC range. Would like to try the 242’s someday.

Suggestions? Maybe I need to start over, maybe not. Can always add more into the rotation.

The rest:
Antipodes CX+EX
LTA Microzotl Preamp
LTA Ultralinear
VAC Ren. 30/30 mk. 3 Sig.
Daedalus Apollo 11
FTA Callisto
Wywires

Can’t blame the Lampi guys here for this decision. The Pacific was the first Lampizator I ever heard in a system almost identical to what I now have. Can’t un-hear it, so I had to get me one. Black with copper top.
A Duracell Pac.

Reactions: christoph

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
you can try the soft ware vol to dial it back say 12 dB to start and go from there up meaning less cut in dB. a 50 % cut can be fine at the dac but it can be too much of a loss. better to leave it on high and cut back at software. This is of you don’t use Roon. All the rest are better at vol control. Roon has a heaven dsp if you use the vol control. J river and hq player is much less obtrusive.

Tuckia

Jun 3, 2019

Tuckia

Jun 3, 2019
you can try the soft ware vol to dial it back say 12 dB to start and go from there up meaning less cut in dB. a 50 % cut can be fine at the dac but it can be too much of a loss. better to leave it on high and cut back at software. This is of you don’t use Roon. All the rest are better at vol control. Roon has a heaven dsp if you use the vol control. J river and hq player is much less obtrusive.
As a long time Aurender user, I am new to Roon, so this is on point for me. I didn’t make the lifetime commitment so am open to the others, provided the environment isn’t reminiscent of coding in FORTRAN. Any place you can point me toward to research? This has to be an ancient topic for most.

If Lampi would incorporate the Berning impedance converters on the outputs ala Siegfried much of this gain matching trouble would be diminished without the use of a separate pre. Just need to keep the WiFi away.

Reactions: Alrainbow

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Last edited:

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
As a long time Aurender user, I am new to Roon, so this is on point for me. I didn’t make the lifetime commitment so am open to the others, provided the environment isn’t reminiscent of coding in FORTRAN. Any place you can point me toward to research? This has to be an ancient topic for most.

If Lampi would incorporate the Berning impedance converters on the outputs ala Siegfried much of this gain matching trouble would be diminished without the use of a separate pre. Just need to keep the WiFi away.
I have a yearly script but don’t use it much. I use j river it’s vol control is good
Reg imp output of a LAMPI it’s typically much higher then most other dacs or low voltage gain cells. Example phono or tape pre
The tubes we use vary the output imp too. But the output imp is of little concern unless you use long runs of bal cables
Rca as well but for me longer then 6 feet on rca is a bad idea and leads to noise that steels dynamics and micro details

christoph

Dec 11, 2015

christoph

Dec 11, 2015

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Herve does for sure as I whatsapped him months ago. I THINK Mike knows, but am not sure. Infact he does, as Al offered him a 2 week loaner, but Mike is "all in" focussed on analog now.

Reactions: christoph

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
So you’re the WBF “wonder” police are you?

No. Wonder all you want. I am just curious what you would do with people's answers given they would likely just be guesses.

Tuckia

Jun 3, 2019
I assume your using Roon sever and not core ? Meaning no desktop GUI ?
Antipodes CX as core running Roon server
Antipodes EX as Renderer running Roon Ready
iPad as GUI
Primary play off of SSD in CX

Redphu

Sep 24, 2018
Hello everyone. I hope all is well. I finally got the Fur-man unit, the first being victimized by a FedEx driver who tossed it to the ground as he didn’t see me standing beside his truck. Now that’s FedEx service for you.

Despite the all my efforts and your guidance , I was still left not really knowing the culprit of the ground loop. I even turned off all the circuits to my entire house and used only the dedicated 20 amp circuit and was still getting the hum, albeit at a lower decibel. I guess it’s the interaction of all the difference ground potential of the various components. So I decided to just plug everything into the Furman ref 20, one by one. It turns out that even the modem switch needed to be plugged into the Furman, otherwise the ethernet plug would cause a really loud hum when connected to the media player (which connects to the Pacific via USB). In the end, with all my components connected I am pleased to report the hum gremlin has been banished and Im back at enjoying Justin Bieber crooning sweet nothings In the background. So there you have it, Furman ref 20, its amazing at forget all the the rest. Now I await the M2’s arrival. Thank you all for coming to my rescue and I apologize for any unintended brand bashing. I love my Lampizator, there you have I said it. All the best and stay healthy.

Tuckia

Jun 3, 2019
Good to hear the Furman has fixed the hum. Will keep it in mind for future reference.
Best wishes

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing