Anyone have any experience with the SteinMusic record mat?

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay

Kcin

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
Canada
I used the black carbon one , lent by my dealer, for a month or so on the Brinkmann Balance. I can't say that I was universally enamored. For every LP that it made a positive difference, there were two that made the sound totally unsuitable. YMMV.

You have to try. In the big scheme of things cheap but, hard for me to get by the fact that it is a piece paper that I could buy at the art supply store and slather some beetle droppings mixture on. Now why didn't I think of marketing that?

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
I used the black carbon one , lent by my dealer, for a month or so on the Brinkmann Balance. I can't say that I was universally enamored. For every LP that it made a positive difference, there were two that made the sound totally unsuitable. YMMV.

You have to try. In the big scheme of things cheap but, hard for me to get by the fact that it is a piece paper that I could buy at the art supply store and slather some beetle droppings mixture on. Now why didn't I think of marketing that?
They didn’t work out for me either, wrong tone and timbre to start with and a clear sonic signature; ie coloration. They’re all basically a piece of craft paper irrespective of color.

david

Reactions: MadFloyd

Kcin

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
Canada
They didn’t work out for me either, wrong tone and timbre to start with and a clear sonic signature; ie coloration. They’re all basically a piece of craft paper irrespective of color.

david
Yes indeed, fundamentally the body was robbed and as well that sustain/timbre was mashed. We are aligned.

I don't know who listen's to this stuff and I really have to wonder about their sensibilities and motivations as " journalists" . I don't blame the mfr. Their motive is understood. Very good dust stop for my platter though. YMMV and all that.

• Haha
Reactions: MadFloyd and ddk

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing