Anyone here in the McIntosh forum, or elsewhere, own or have listened to the new McIntosh MCD12000 CD/SACD PLAYER?

I also purchased a MCD12000 and was shocked how good it was , I also purchased a MA-12000 to pair with for a 2nd system. Today I'm setting up a c2800 and pair of 611 monos . I have many amplifiers but wanted to compare .
The 611's are massive as is the MC3500's. I've seen them both at local McIntosh dealer.
Post some photos and reviews of your setups.

I'm basically done with any more upgrades. The music is really happening now. A new phono pickup about every 10 years or so and that's about it.
The new CD player is quite excellent! :)
I'll get busy playing more CD's tomorrow.

Last edited:
rau, I just posted my Signature and a few pics. It's very nice to meet you. I only have one system. I recently read a review of the C2800. It got an excellent one. I think this pre will be made for a longtime. Congrats on your recent acquisitions!

Reactions: A-Line
I also purchased a MCD12000 and was shocked how good it was , I also purchased a MA-12000 to pair with for a 2nd system. Today I'm setting up a c2800 and pair of 611 monos . I have many amplifiers but wanted to compare .
Did you get the 75th Anniversary model or just the standard model regarding the MCD12000?

Mine is just the regular model. I didn't see any value in spending a extra 600.00€ for the just the 75th Anniversary logo insignia.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu