Aqua LinQ

Anyone has experience with the new LinQ network player?

FEATURES
• Proprietary fully-floating hybrid 2-stage Network + FPGA module with proprietary code
• Uncompromising digital interface AQlink PRO (I2S protocol)
• 4 future-proof network protocols (modules). Available now: Roon Ready bridge (RAAT) and UPnP DLNA
• 2 separate low noise C-Core power transformers for network circuitry and digital decoding
• MODULAR DESIGN with upgradeable multi board platform
• High-quality parts
• Input:
n. 1 standard RJ-45 connector for the ETHERNET network
No network configuration is required (DHCP system).
• Outputs:
n. 1 Ethercon RJ-45 connector for the AQlink I2S signal
n. 2 XLR 110 ohm connectors for the dual-AES/EBU signal (PCM 24 bit 384kHz / DSD128 max)
n. 1 XLR 110 ohm connector for the AES/EBU signal (PCM 24 bit 192kHz / DSD64 max)
n. 1 BNC 75 ohm connector for the S/PDIF signal (PCM 24 bit 192kHz max)
n. 1 RCA connector for the S/PDIF (IEC-60958) signal (PCM 24 bit 192kHz max)
• OLED display with user off-selectable illumination
• RC5 IR remote controller (optional)
• Aluminium anti-resonant cabinet with Nextel
• Designed and handmade in Italy LinQ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it ever gonna be Roon Core? Looking for a one-box solution without the faff of running Roon on another PC in the house.

Additionally, what is it about divergence on opinions on connections? Innuos major on USB to the point they offer a USB reclocker add-on box.

DCS Network Bridge is big on AES/EBU.

Aqua Linq is majoring on I2S.

Was there never gonna be universal agreement on one type of connection?

Is it ever gonna be Roon Core? Looking for a one-box solution without the faff of running Roon on another PC in the house.

Additionally, what is it about divergence on opinions on connections? Innuos major on USB to the point they offer a USB reclocker add-on box.

DCS Network Bridge is big on AES/EBU.

Aqua Linq is majoring on I2S.

Was there never gonna be universal agreement on one type of connection?

May be @AquaNA can give more information

Currently the LinQ has no storage capacity, but like all Aqua products it's modular and could accommodate storage in the future. As for your question about I2S, Cristian feels this connection yields the best sonics for his designs.

Is any Roon Core capability planned?

Is any Roon Core capability planned?

Because of the modular architecture of the LinQ it's possible to implement the Roon Core. However, the Core requires a powerful power supply and Cristian absolutely will not consider using a switching DC power supply.

More thought is being done on how to implement the power supply internally or by a dedicated external power supply unit. Cristian's personal feeling right now is that an external Core offers better isolation and better sonics.

Just ordered a LinQ with the Roon module. If the NAA module was available I'd opt for it over the Roon module. HQPlayer stand alone beats Roon IME. I'd be happy to provide my impressions.

Hello All,
I need a litttle more infor on the LinQ modules. How many modules will the LinQ hold ?
If you wanted to run Roon and HQ player together is that 2 seperate modules ?
Also is it possible to have Roon/HQ player and also a UPnP module on the same LinQ ?
Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks

Hello All,
I need a litttle more infor on the LinQ modules. How many modules will the LinQ hold ?
If you wanted to run Roon and HQ player together is that 2 seperate modules ?
Also is it possible to have Roon/HQ player and also a UPnP module on the same LinQ ?
Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks

Hi RichardA, Thank you for your questions!

I need a little more info on the LinQ modules. How many modules will the LinQ hold ? It can hold up to 4

If you wanted to run Roon and HQ player together is that 2 seperate modules? Yes, but a decision was made not to participate in the Roon certification process, so we are not offering a Roon module.

Also is it possible to have Roon/HQ player and also a UPnP module on the same LinQ ? Yes, you can have both a HQPlayer and UPnP module installed at the same time and is switchable on the front panel.

If you wanted to run Roon and HQ player together is that 2 seperate modules? Yes, but a decision was made not to participate in the Roon certification process, so we are not offering a Roon module.

Hi scott,

To be clear, Aqua offers a Roon module as I purchased my LinQ with it months ago. I take it this is more of a choice as a dealer to exclude the purchase of a ROON module because of the cert process? Also, there is a workaround for that cert process that allows the Roon module to function with Roon FYR.

hfncommended.png

E5B57B21-F43B-4DA1-AFF2-599907E55725.jpeg HIFI Advice’s Part 2 review of the Aqua LinQ.

“The addition of the HQPlayer module allows using Roon and all of its benefits along with even better sound than was possible using the now-discontinued RoonReady module. Additionally, Aqua’s modularity ensures that the product remains up to date. I fully stand by my original conclusion that the Aqua LinQ is nothing less than a milestone product. It is the very best network endpoint that I have heard and I enthusiastically recommend an audition!” Christiaan Puntner, hifi-advice.com

https://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/

Reactions: CKKeung and sbo6

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing