ARC future...

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
What I know that last Wards projects were Ref160 mono blocks from where they p

Yes, exactly what I'm saying too. The Ref 2, 2SE, 3, 3SE, 5, 5SE, 6, 6SE, Ref 10 and Ref 10 Phono were all under his design and guidance. Now where are they going and who will take them there?

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
My question is: what was the desired result of the GS series? It made no sense. At first it seemed a play for a different aesthetic - a lifestyle play. In the end it may have been just the Italians wanting to make a mark, a statement with their new acquisition, thus demonstrating their misunderstanding of what ARC is all about.
I totally agree. They totally did not understand the company, the heritage and the client base IMO. My reference clients were totally confused by the gear and although the GS -150 amp was excellent the Pre was not in the same league as a REF 10 and of course they look like children from different parents when together. IMHO tube gear, particularly tube gear at those prices is NOT lifestyle gear. They have made a situation even now that they need to make the line make sense from the look to the performance. SO if the look of the REF 160's is the look going forward IMO all the amps should have this look and whatever they do in the front end products should look like they belong to the same family.
On another note this practice has in the past severely hurt companies that did similar things.

Reactions: SundayNiagara

vrac

May 9, 2018
After emailing ARC I was assured by Greg Christensen that Audio Research will
indeed support it’s customers and he is optimistic for the future of the company going forward.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing