Aries Cerat Owners what audio racks do you use with your equipment?

JMaudiophile

Apr 13, 2024
Rockford , iL
Hello everyone,
I recently purchased 3 Aries Cerat components : Concerto 65 MKI mono blocks, Impera II Sig pre-amplifier and a Kassandra II Ref Dac.
I've invested so much in my Aries Cerat components that I want to maximize their musical performance. There are many companies that make excellent audio racks, but I'm having a difficult time trying to decide.
There's so much hype and marketing and very few people I have spoken with have actually compared different manufactures audio racks side by side. I emailed, Stavros and he replied back saying don't overspend
on racks and purchase a good rack that can reliably support the weight of the components with some good footers or isolation platforms. I'm looking for (3) 3 tier low profile racks for my Aries Cerat components
and other equipment and (2) amp stands.
The rest of my system consists of the following : Stillpoint ESS audio rack ( which is too small to hold the Aries Cerat components ) Stillpoint Ultra 5's, Esoteric K-01,
Pink Faun 2.16 Ultra, my old Linn Sondek LP-12 Ittok and lingo power supply ( I don't collect LP's anymore and I have about 7-800 albums ) Shunyata Everest with several Sigma power cords and Inakustik Power
Station and full loom of Inakustik cables, Vac 160SE integrated amplifier. I'm currently looking for speakers, but I have in storage a pair of Magnepan 3.6R . The room in which the equipment will be located in the dimensions are: 18' wide , 13' deep and 8' high. There's a fireplace on one of the short walls an open door to the kitchen on the opposite short wall of the fireplace and across from the audio equipment is a double french door that leads into 18' wide by 20' deep and 8' high four seasons room. I listen to music in the the four season room off to one side. The experience is more like listening to music in a small club off to one side of the stage vs a concert hall.
Please, forgive me if I'm rambling on about my equipment and my room dimensions , but wanted give you folks enough information about my system . In the future I will start separate threads on room treatment , a CD transport for the Kassandra II Ref Dac and choosing new speakers for my system based on my room configuration and size. But, first I need to purchase some quality audio rack for my Aries Cerat components because of their size and weight. I'm asking Aries Cerat owners for your help and advice in choosing audio racks , footers and isolation platforms for my equipment? I appreciate any help or advise you can give me.
Sincerely, John

Hi JM -

I've literally tested a dozen plus vibration tweak products including DIY.

I also have a wood rack similar to the one listed above - I have a Timber Nation with maple shelves.

AND I just happen to have an Aries Cerat Genus and Helene DAC in my system right now.

I just spent a week straight trying everything from nothing up to Rev-O-Pods and also using multiple different ones at once.

Here are the results from the top of all my tests (Note this is my PERSONAL opinion in my system in my house - your results may vary);

For the DAC on the rack:

Least expensive of the top three winners: Graphite Audio IC-35 cones (about ~800 USD);
2nd Place and 50% more expensive: Well-float board (~$1400 USD);
1st Place: Combo of the Graphite Audio cones plus the Well-Float board.

Also be sure to check out the offering from Stack Audio. They offer an in home trial and I've had very good luck with them in the past. The ones I have here won't support the weight of the DAC so I couldn't try.

For the amp I tried several boards and platforms (it's on the floor) and felt the Graphite Audio CLASSIC 100 platform was the winner (I have not tried their more expensive offerings).

Hope that helps.

Reactions: Golum and Opabin
Quadrapsire

I use a 4 shelves Solidsteel HF custom made rack. It supports 6x Aries Cerat boxes + TT+server (about 480 kg total).

I appreciate everyone's responses so far.

I purchased my Stillpoint ESS audio rack from Paul Wakeen after attending a AXPONA show. He came to my home and set-up a Stillpoint ESS audio rack and we switched components from my old audio rack to his . The difference in sound was profound. Everything improved with no
down side. The bass extended down more, the mid bass tighten up and became more articulate, the sound stage opened up and there was more
separation ( air ) around instruments and the highs were cleaner. To say I was impressed was an understatement.

So why am I looking for a new audio rack? Because the Aries Cerat components are HUGE !!! When I purchased the Stillpoint ESS audio rack I really hadn't researched audio racks because difference was obvious. This time around I thought I 'd check to see what other Aries Cerat Owners were using
since we have the same issues with size and weight. I really like Stillpoint audio racks and now Paul has recently introduced the new ULTRA ESS audio racks which are larger albeit more expense. But, Starvos has suggested an alternative approach which may achieve the same results in performance at a lower price? Find a audio rack which would handle the weight and size of the Aries Cerat components and add after market accessories ( footers, isolation platforms etc.. ).

Please, keep your suggestions and advise coming !!!

Please, keep your suggestions and advise coming !!!

It might help us to help you were you to advise us upon any preferences that you might have yourself regarding which materials to consider, Organic ( timber) , metallic / other man made material ( You are already using an example ) a combination of both these materials , any inbuilt isolation / vibration control , or merely a stout platform on which to utilise other isolation products like footers , bases etcetera , any visual / domestic considerations to consider ? … Would you consider DIY ? As there are then several options such as the classic threaded metal rod / timber / birch ply shelving rack which can look surprisingly nice if finished well whilst saving you a considerable amount of $$$ to spend on your system .

Last edited:
Great question Argonaut.

As I said in my opening remarks, I'm looking for a low profile 3 shelf audio rack or racks. My initial thought was an audio rack that was not too bulky, but clean and possibly with adjustable shelves. As for preferences of materials, I would probably not go all wood or furniture approach.
Definitely not DIY, I have neither the time or patience. I'm in the process of redoing the room, refinishing the wood floor, new paint ( ceiling and
walls ) and installing recess lighting. I have some art work that I would like to display on the wall above the equipment, but that all depends on room treatment I go with. That would be another thread of coarse. As far as other materials, I'm open to any suggestions. My curiosity is regarding why other Aries Cerat owners choose their audio racks. Let's face it, Aries Cerat components are HUGE , they're not standard size. Are AC owner's
purchasing audio racks based on what will accommodate the weight and size of their equipment or for the looks or performance. I'm just trying to gauge what worked for them. If performance is the answer, then I would like to know what other audio racks they considered and why they purchased that particular audio rack.

Great question Argonaut.

As I said in my opening remarks, I'm looking for a low profile 3 shelf audio rack or racks. My initial thought was an audio rack that was not too bulky, but clean and possibly with adjustable shelves. As for preferences of materials, I would probably not go all wood or furniture approach.
Definitely not DIY, I have neither the time or patience. I'm in the process of redoing the room, refinishing the wood floor, new paint ( ceiling and
walls ) and installing recess lighting. I have some art work that I would like to display on the wall above the equipment, but that all depends on room treatment I go with. That would be another thread of coarse. As far as other materials, I'm open to any suggestions. My curiosity is regarding why other Aries Cerat owners choose their audio racks. Let's face it, Aries Cerat components are HUGE , they're not standard size. Are AC owner's
purchasing audio racks based on what will accommodate the weight and size of their equipment or for the looks or performance. I'm just trying to gauge what worked for them. If performance is the answer, then I would like to know what other audio racks they considered and why they purchased that particular audio rack.

Knowing how hot those tube amps will run, I would:

- Get a 1.5 size 2 level rack. There are some companies (I think Solid Steel is one of them) that make them like 26" wide to look oversized for normal components but in reality are right-sized for Aries-Cerat;

- I'd put the DAC and preamp on each level (make sure the lower rack has plenty of room to breathe);

- Put the mono-blocks on the amp platforms of your choice. I am currently using an oversized Graphite Audio for the AC amp I have here.

Aries Cerat & graphite Audio.jpg

This is the one I purchased and I’ve been really happy with it - I just use after market platforms / isolation devices on the relevant shelves. Gints is excellent to deal with - suggest you go for the thicker shelves given the weight of the Aries gear and just check with Gints first - he is very responsive and does great work, at a very fair price. https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/986...ck_sum=8f559ac1&ref=shop_home_active_33&sts=1

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu