AudioNec Loudspeakers

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Please tell us about the unique midrange driver. (I remember being curious about this driver when I saw it the earlier Art Deco looking Diva XL V2 speaker from the company.)

How does this differ from a "bending wave" driver?

mr.gregdee

Oct 3, 2016
E.Sussex ,UK
gpoint-audio.com
Please tell us about the unique midrange driver. (I remember being curious about this driver when I saw it the earlier Art Deco looking Diva XL V2 speaker from the company.)

Txs for asking Ron,

I can't tell you how it does differ from " bending wave " driver as I am not familiar with this technology.

But I can tell as much as I know about AudioNec DuoPole drivers:

1) THE Original Duopole DRIVERS:

AudioNec's Speakers are all using the same proprietary medium - high frequency drivers. This single driver with a double
cylinder shaped membrane is capable of reproducing frequencies between 200 Hz and 20 kHz. This high-efficiency driver with
its neodymium motor achieves an incredible field strength of one Tesla in the 50 cm long gap. It is very efficient as it
approaches 100 dB sensitivity with 1 watt. This exceptional driver is entirely built by AudioNec and patent pended. A super
ribbon tweeter is at work for frequencies between 20 and 45 kHz. Depending on the speaker model, the low-frequency drivers
are built to AudioNec's specifications using the highest standards within the industry. For instance, the 4 Diva XL 15 inches
drivers have an ultra-low resonance frequency of 14 Hz to achieve a linear frequency response down below 20Hz.

2) The Duopole DS DRIVERS for EVO family:

The new AudioNec Evo Speaker line, implements the new wide-band driver “Duopole DS” whose height is 31 cm. This new driver benefits from the qualities of its elder, the intrinsic qualities of Duopole drivers have allowed AudioNec to be at the top of the qualitative pyramid in terms of sound repro- duction. Naturally ,as it is smaller and its gap is 31 cm comparing to one above the FQ range also differs and DS is capable of reproducing frequencies between 400 Hz and 20 kHz.

That's brief information. Hope that helps for the start. I am not having all the documentary yet with me, so answer only those questions for now which I am capable of, but feel free and keep asking. I will get All of them answered for you.

Reactions: K3RMIT

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland

To the best of my knowledge it still falls under the category of bending wave driver. Audio Consulting in Switzerland had something similar and a couple of other companies in the past whose names I forget (something similar was used a long time ago in some Radio Shack speakers!)

DSG Rob

May 8, 2019
Hello fellow audiophiles and music lovers. My name is Robert Reich and together with my partner Fred Ainsley, we are DSG aka Destination Sound Group (located in NY). We are the official USA partner/distributor of AudioNec speakers. We have a pair of Evo 2 AS in stock and available for demonstration. Please contact us for any information or interest in demos.

We're also proud to announce, we will be showing our AudioNec Evo 2 AS (powered sub version) speakers November 5-7 2021 in room 525 at the Capital Audiofest in Washington D.C. Our show partners will be Lampizator DAC (either GG or Baltic), Taiko Extreme transport, Final Touch Audio cables, Linear Tube Audio amplification and the renowned VAC Master preamp.

This exact pair of speakers were reviewed by Enjoy The Music's Dr. Matthew Clott (6/2020 issue). He summed them up by saying "
"I will openly admit that I liked these speakers before I heard them. I would guess they are visually polarizing, but find them aesthetically to be quite purpose-built and are the best-executed version of what they are. Their neutrality, their sense of realism and refinement, their looks, and their wonderful dynamic scale set these unique speakers apart from their competition."
-- Dr. Matthew Clott

For more information you can visit our website at DSGdistro.com

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Welcome Robert and Fred!

Reactions: DSG Rob and K3RMIT

K3RMIT

Sep 4, 2020
They look interesting. Not dipoles, or tall line arrays, but efficient. A modern updating of the folding wave tech, used in the Ohm Walsh and German Physik? The main driver has the nice, 'unbroken-by-crossover' range from 200hz into over 6khz range, similar to the Bohlender Graebener large ribbons.

I wonder how 'fast' they sound compared to ribbons and stats.
I wonder how true the claim of 200 hertz is ? Has anyone did a real review with testing ? I have the smaller ones sounded very good

K3RMIT

Sep 4, 2020
Hello fellow audiophiles and music lovers. My name is Robert Reich and together with my partner Fred Ainsley, we are DSG aka Destination Sound Group (located in NY). We are the official USA partner/distributor of AudioNec speakers. We have a pair of Evo 2 AS in stock and available for demonstration. Please contact us for any information or interest in demos.

We're also proud to announce, we will be showing our AudioNec Evo 2 AS (powered sub version) speakers November 5th-7th in room 525 at the Capital Audiofest in Washington D.C. Our show partners will be Lampizator DAC (either GG or Baltic), Taiko Extreme transport, Final Touch Audio cables, Linear Tube Audio amplification and the renowned VAC Master preamp.

This exact pair of speakers were reviewed by Enjoy The Music's Dr. Matthew Clott (6/2020 issue). He summed them up by saying "
"I will openly admit that I liked these speakers before I heard them. I would guess they are visually polarizing, but find them aesthetically to be quite purpose-built and are the best-executed version of what they are. Their neutrality, their sense of realism and refinement, their looks, and their wonderful dynamic scale set these unique speakers apart from their competition."
-- Dr. Matthew Clott

For more information you can visit our website at DSGdistro.com
Will you be showing tgem this year ?

DSG Rob

May 8, 2019
I wonder how true the claim of 200 hertz is ? Has anyone did a real review with testing ? I have the smaller ones sounded very good
Will you be showing tgem this year ?

Happy to hear you're enjoying them. Have not seen any third party measurements. AudioNec's wideband main driver called the DuoPole 31 (for 31cm long) reproduces frequencies from 400 Hz until 12 kHz (factory specs). And yes, we will be showing them in a little over a months time. CAF in Washington, D.C. 11-5 to 11-7-2021. Hope to meet some whatsbest members at the show :)

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
AudioNec makes full height, partially dipole loudspeakers. Did anybody hear the Diva XL or the Neo speakers at Munich?

The speakers have a very interesting full range ribbon driver of some sort, which attracted my attention. (I am always curious about very tall loudspeakers, with M-T-M driver arrays, which are fully or partially dipole, which use wide-band drivers and which employ exotic or unusual drivers for the midrange.)

View attachment 56594

The older model was the Diva XL.

View attachment 56597

View attachment 56596

They seem to have a new modular line, using the same interesting driver, call Neo.

View attachment 56595

Is anybody familiar with these speakers?

http://www.audionec.com/diva-xl.html
http://www.audionec.com/index.html
Never seen these speakers before.they look awesome.would love to hear them.

Reactions: DSG Rob

DSG Rob

May 8, 2019

mr.gregdee

Oct 3, 2016
E.Sussex ,UK
gpoint-audio.com
I see that there is pretty quiet here on the AudioNEC thread which isn't good as we have already two working pairs demonstrated in the UK and I have over (2 lockdowns ;) experience with matching them with a different kind of amplification as well, what resulted in interesting findings. We had plenty of visitors in a demo room to listen to them but seems like none of them belongs to this community, neither wished to leave some comments about the sound. As Justin just brought the subject to the surface talking about The Answer NECs, I think I will have a look and upload some of my own recordings done in the demo room with multiple amplifiers here. For the start here is a snap from the last session, with SIlvercore, Riviera Audio and Destination Audio amplification shoot out with both LampizatOr TRP and the Ideon Audio Absolute DACs being used as a sources simultaneously .

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-01-05 at 18.54.27.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-01-05 at 18.54.27.jpeg
    183.8 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: matakana

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you for resurrecting this thread.

It is great that you have two pairs able to be demonstrated in the UK!

Reactions: mr.gregdee

mr.gregdee

Oct 3, 2016
E.Sussex ,UK
gpoint-audio.com
Thank you for resurrecting this thread.

It is great that you have two pairs able to be demonstrated in the UK!

Txs Ron, yes we took care of it before brexshit hit. Not being stupid we exactly knew what's coming. Anyway, I will be back with some thoughts shortly. Now back to homework, it is Wednesday so I need to focus on my Spanish lessons.

DSG Rob

May 8, 2019
Like to share this video Featuring the AudioNec EVO 2s with powered subs.

When audiophiles visited my room at the Capital Audio-fest, they were in awe with the room sized sweet-spot. You can walk from one side of the room to the other, and still hear the magic. A very nice feature for those that like to listen with friends/family in a social setting.

As mentioned in the video:
System run down is. LTA UL+ monos, VAC master preamp (both room partners of ours)
AudioNec EVO 2, Lampizator Baltic 3, Taiko Extreme Server, Final Touch Audio Cables. All brands marketed and sold by Destination Sound Group in North America.

Reactions: Golum

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing