Aurender N30 - To stay competitive in 2021

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Thanks for your compliment.

How can this improve after break-in?

Now I am of the opinion that Aurender is the best music server that I can imagine.

Wadax digital sounds somewhat romantic and analgog.

But I am not sure about the contriution of the server.

After the break in period it won’t improve IMO. But there is a break in period. I may be incorrect, but I think the power components and the clock need to settle in. Since I changed the power and USB cables at the same time I received the N30 some of the changes are attributed to them as well. …

PS: Aurender Critical Listening mode IMO is another dimension of sound on the N30.

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
After the break in period it won’t improve IMO. But there is a break in period. I may be incorrect, but I think the power components and the clock need to settle in. Since I changed the power and USB cables at the same time I received the N30 some of the changes are attributed to them as well. …

PS: Aurender Critical Listening mode IMO is another dimension of sound on the N30.
I am already using critical listening mode.

• Love
Reactions: Audire

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US

Any change of power cable or foot under it will affect the sound.

But I wish to enjoy music forgetting any minor change of the sound for the time being. :)

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
Congrats! Looks epic. It is on my shortlist.

Reactions: thomask

thomask

Dec 9, 2018
Washington State, US
After 48 hours of playing and warmup, N30 sounds slightly more full bodied while retaining sharp focus and transparency.

It will be interesting to do side by side comparison with Taiko Extreme.

i had listened to Taiko Extreme. in audio show and dealer room.

It sounds balanced and full bodied.

N30 sounds also balaced but with more clear details.

It worked well with Lampi Horizon to drive Acora speaker which sounds very transparent dut to granite enclousure.

Thus it will depend on personal taste and system to choose between Taiko and Aurender.

I am happy with N30's super details and transparency. :)

Reactions: sapirg and Audire

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
After 48 hours of playing and warmup, N30 sounds slightly more full bodied while retaining sharp focus and transparency.

It will be interesting to do side by side comparison with Taiko Extreme.

i had listened to Taiko Extreme. in audio show and dealer room.

It sounds balanced and full bodied.

N30 sounds also balaced but with more clear details.

It worked well with Lampi Horizon to drive Acora speaker which sounds very transparent dut to granite enclousure.

Thus it will depend on personal taste and system to choose between Taiko and Aurender.

I am happy with N30's super details and transparency. :)
Did you listen to Taiko with Roon or TAS?

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
With Roon, for me, Taiko has a lack of clarity in sound.

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
Tough to compare them in that regard, since Aurender cannot use Roon…. Always a trade off it seems.

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020
We @ Horizon cables are now making bespoke cables for the digital and power that we use to connect both units of the n30sa together folks. Amazing upgrade! Contact me for details:)

This is the first time anyone has made a digital cable that connect the 2 units together:)

Reactions: Audire and thomask

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020
Aurender just released new firmware guys for the n30sa:) grab your update

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Yes, I’ve been playing it a few days now. Great software upgrade. Better SQ in our N30 which I didn’t think possible.

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010
Ok…. I’ll show my lack computer skills. How do I update?

battles

Dec 11, 2011
Ok…. I’ll show my lack computer skills. How do I update?
Go to the Conductor settings and select software update in the left hand margin. Then select check for latest version of software on that page. Simple process.

Reactions: thomask and Holli82

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020
Finally landscape on conductor! And better tidal integration too:) :)

Reactions: ctydwn

battles

Dec 11, 2011
does anyone have the release notes to the latest Aurender N30SA firmware update? Would be interesting to know what changed and if real sonic improvements were made (vs ones that we think we hear :) )

Reactions: ctydwn

ctydwn

Aug 23, 2019
Hi @rau, glad to hear you are enjoying your sound. Can you expand on why you are happy with the N30SA vs the Extreme... I assume you were able to compare in the same system? Also I hope you had a chance to hear XDMS vs the current Aurender app? Definitely curious to hear your comparisons as one of only a few people that I know that have owned both. Important insights as folks contemplate their decisions.
Thanks again

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron Resnick

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing