Aurender N30 - To stay competitive in 2021

LOL I was wonder the same thing.
No secret. I was just unsure if I could post a link to another forum or not. Therefore, I gave out PMs.

Interesting, I will have to bring my N30 from other home back and compare to my Taiko on same system

Can’t wait to hear your report. Two of the most desired streamers in High end audio.

Hi all,

I’m down to the short strokes of deciding between the N30SA and the W20SE to feed my MSB Select DAC. Will likely decide in the next 24 hours. Saying that, for those who’ve owned or auditioned both models, and recognizing price is essentially equal as is sonic performance, are there attributes about the N30SA (besides the pretty screen) that make it a more compelling purchase after considering the need for an additional isolation platform to separate the N30SA’s CPU and power chassis, a reference power cord that is not necessary on the W20SE, an additional set of aftermarket isolation footers, etc? Seems like it requires much more equipment in tow to perform at its best and perhaps equivalently to the W20SE. Ideally, I’d have the opportunity to demo these units in my system and decide for myself, but unfortunately I do not.

Thanks again,
Battles

Hi all,

I’m down to the short strokes of deciding between the N30SA and the W20SE to feed my MSB Select DAC. Will likely decide in the next 24 hours. Saying that, for those who’ve owned or auditioned both models, and recognizing price is essentially equal as is sonic performance, are there attributes about the N30SA (besides the pretty screen) that make it a more compelling purchase after considering the need for an additional isolation platform to separate the N30SA’s CPU and power chassis, a reference power cord that is not necessary on the W20SE, an additional set of aftermarket isolation footers, etc? Seems like it requires much more equipment in tow to perform at its best and perhaps equivalently to the W20SE. Ideally, I’d have the opportunity to demo these units in my system and decide for myself, but unfortunately I do not.

Thanks again,
Battles
I know there was a reviewer that traded in his W20SE for the N30 but I can’t find the article.

Reactions: marslo and rau
We just received our N30SA yesterday. A day and a half of pure bliss and it’s not even near being broken in yet. Great sound stage. Lots of detail, but still extremely musical.

We are driving it with a new EMM PRE & DA2 V2 DAC and some new Shunayta cables, so we’re not hearing its full potential yet. It should be broken in three weeks or so.

6FB57F6F-BD05-420D-8465-4CB30823231A.jpeg

Thanks gentlemen. I’ve decided to pull the trigger on the N30SA (vs the W20SE). Just seems like the prudent decision considering it’s based upon Aurender’s latest technology platform. Also appears that it has held its own against the Taiko in some recent auditions discussed on another forum.

…I’m envisioning the following digital signal path in my particular system. Cable modem > Cisco Switch/Router > Fiber > EtherRegen with external clock and upgraded CPU > Göbel Ethernet Cable > Aurender N30SA > Göbel USB Cable > MSB ProUSB > Fiber > MSB ProISL > MSB Select DAC

That said, if there are hardware improvements along the signal path that would result in a better sonic outcome (based on first hand experience), I’d welcome the feedback.

Thanks in advance,
Blake

Thanks gentlemen. I’ve decided to pull the trigger on the N30SA (vs the W20SE). Just seems like the prudent decision considering it’s based upon Aurender’s latest technology platform. Also appears that it has held its own against the Taiko in some recent auditions discussed on another forum.

…I’m envisioning the following digital signal path in my particular system. Cable modem > Cisco Switch/Router > Fiber > EtherRegen with external clock and upgraded CPU > Göbel Ethernet Cable > Aurender N30SA > Göbel USB Cable > MSB ProUSB > Fiber > MSB ProISL > MSB Select DAC

That said, if there are hardware improvements along the signal path that would result in a better sonic outcome (based on first hand experience), I’d welcome the feedback.

Thanks in advance,
Blake

Wow, Blake that sounds like an absolutely incredible system. Congrats on putting it together.

From looking at your signature block, I am inclined to agree. While I cannot say I have heard these particular components, I have experience with some of them...and overall, they read like a top 10 list of most any audiophile ledger. Even the headphone system!

Thanks in advance,
Blake
Sorry, to jump in this thread. Thought of giving my 2 cents here. I have aurender N20 (brought recently)
1. I have tried multiple ethernet switches but fiber optic > Sotm > English 8s > acoustic eno has been the best
2. I have experimented with USB and SPDIF for quite along time: In my system, the SPDIF from N20 to esoteric K-01XD has been better by wide margins. I am not sure of MSB select`s input options, but try SPDIF or AES output from aurender: aurender engineers have done amazing job in this aspect.
Again, my findings are based on my system and preference, which may very well not be your case: But since you are at this level, you deserve to get best out.
Good luck and congrats on your new purchase.
I might change to N30 at some point in near future.

Last edited:
Reactions: matakana
The Omega USB is top notch and worth considering. I use it on my Takio and plan on getting another for my N30

Attachments

• 829AC0B8-FA63-4ECE-83FE-E1BA14489254.jpeg
    829AC0B8-FA63-4ECE-83FE-E1BA14489254.jpeg
    618.6 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: Audire
The Omega USB is top notch and worth considering. I use it on my Takio and plan on getting another for my N30
Thanks everyone. All great feedback! Rachik, MSB’s best interface is their ProUSB/ISL module so unfortunately I won’t be able to advantage of Aurender’s upsampling available on their AES, which I hear is excellent and not available on its USB output.

Rau, I’ve also head the Omega is excellent. As I have Göbel cabling throughout, my instinct has been to maintain uniformity but perhaps I will demo the Omega.

How do your Taiko and N30 compare sonically?

Many thanks!

Thanks everyone. All great feedback! Rachik, MSB’s best interface is their ProUSB/ISL module so unfortunately I won’t be able to advantage of Aurender’s upsampling available on their AES, which I hear is excellent and not available on its USB output.

Rau, I’ve also head the Omega is excellent. As I have Göbel cabling throughout, my instinct has been to maintain uniformity but perhaps I will demo the Omega.

How do your Taiko and N30 compare sonically?

Many thanks!
Never had the N30 and Taiko at same home , I hope to compare on same system soon

Never had the N30 and Taiko at same home , I hope to compare on same system soon
When you do, a lot of us are dying to hear. :)

Thanks in advance,
Blake
Congratulations on it.

I've been following this thread for a while and we are expecting our Aurender N30SA to arrive shortly today. There were some questions above that I should be able to answer given a lengthy discussion we had with Aurender.

Comparing the W20SE to the N30SA, I was initially more intrigued by the battery power used for the audio signal of the W20SE. That said, Aurender mentioned this could be a benefit or a limitation given the sound we are trying to achieve. In most aspects, the W20SE will likely sound warmer, smoother, but less dynamic as the battery power used will only provide so much current on demand. The upgraded LPS in the N30SA (and the fact that it is better isolated in a separate chassis), coupled with a quality aftermarket power cable, will sound more balanced, more dynamic, and more exciting while retaining a low noise floor like the W20SE. This will translate to better imaging, wider and deeper soundstage, etc.

Again, this doesn't necessarily indicate one is better or worse, but just two different flavors depending on listening tastes.

I would anticipate that a W30 will be released (we did not talk about this) without the battery supply, unless they figure out a way to improve upon the current delivery of said supply in the W20SE. In addition to this, I would anticipate better inputs than what the N30SA offers, as it seems to be missing dual AES, I2S, etc. I don't anticipate a W30 being released anytime soon, but I could be wrong.

I'm still eagerly awaiting @rau to compare against the Taiko Extreme - can't wait to hear about that!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing