Bayz Audio Counterpoint 2.0 >>>>Rhapsody.Audio

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
We all love a blame game Lol.
I thought it was a pretty informative review, although it took a little time to get to the crux of things.
It looks very impressive if Sjraen is right that mids/bass cones are mated seamlessly such an impressive tweeter, despite the disparity in topologies.
I also thought it was interesting he on more than one occasion differentiated it from dipoles like the Alsyvox. I wasn't aware dipoles and omnis really sounded so different from each other.

Reactions: Zoltan Bay

Rob181

Oct 1, 2014
Now that would be something I would love to listen to Counterpoint & Dartzeel combo...

Beachman

Mar 20, 2020
Hi Rob181,

In general vague descriptors, in what region of the world do you reside? BAYZ Audio participates in shows around the world. While Dartzeel-BAYZ Audio combination cannot not be guaranteed, you might be able to audition BAYZ Audio Counterpoint or Courante or the debut of a new model (excuse the teaser!).

Mark Beach
Business Development Manager
BAYZ Audio

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Bayz Audio Courante's packed and heading to Bob West (Portland RLR). Being picked up early next week. Now Zoltan is preparing another pair of Courantes for the West Palm Beach RLR.

thumbnail_image.png
thumbnail_image (1).png

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Yahoo! I am so very eager to have the RLR-Portland up and running so I can share all these groovy new toys with fellow audio geeks out west. :cool:

Reactions: christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Yahoo! I am so very eager to have the RLR-Portland up and running so I can share all these groovy new toys with fellow audio geeks out west. :cool:
Are you going to swap Avatar Pics on a daily or weekly basis then? :p :D

Reactions: tima

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Are you going to swap Avatar Pics on a daily or weekly basis then? :p :D
Maybe I programmatically have them rotate through. Or maybe not… members might think “oh, Bobvin, he’s the Pilium guy, no wait… isn’t he the Bayz guy, or was it Diesis? Or Alsyvox? i’m confused”

of course, the answer is “all the above” ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: matakana

matakana

Aug 26, 2020
UK
Maybe I programmatically just have them rotate through. Or maybe not… members might think “oh, Bobvin, he’s the Pilium guy, no wait… isn’t he the Bayz guy, or was it Diesis? Or Alsyvox? i’m confused”

What a way to spend your semi retirement you “lucky man”.:)

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Maybe I programmatically have them rotate through. Or maybe not… members might think “oh, Bobvin, he’s the Pilium guy, no wait… isn’t he the Bayz guy, or was it Diesis? Or Alsyvox? i’m confused”

Pilium is the constant, only the Speakers change ;)

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Does this mean you have a UK distributor?

Sedgewick

Jul 13, 2015
So Bob @ Rhapsody, these beauties are now within reach of us audiophiles over the pond in the UK. My question to you…….Counterpoints or M9’s? Totally different price points, but totally different qualities?

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
So Bob @ Rhapsody, these beauties are now within reach of us audiophiles over the pond in the UK. My question to you…….Counterpoints or M9’s? Totally different price points, but totally different qualities?
God only knows? So many variables in each persons equation. I would have no idea what speaker different people would choose??? All I do is have both speakers/systems and several other competitive possibilities for people to listen to and then let them decide if they wish to go down a particular path.

Reactions: Bobvin

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Or at similar price points - Alsyvox or Bayz??

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Or at similar price points - Alsyvox or Bayz??
Y’all are really very funny… as soon as anyone says A is better, another post will come along to argue B is better. And why not D (Diesis) in the mix. The hardest part is having to choose only one if you’re looking for a new speaker for your own system — all are exceptional yet each has its own flavor, which will be right for someone but not quite right for another. There is no “perfect” speaker. As I have the good fortune of having all three at home I can say it is great fun to listen to one for, say 1 month, then swap it out for one of the others. At first I find myself doing the compare/contrast thing, then just relax and enjoy because I could easily live with any of the three. (Okay, in all honesty, I’ve only heard the smaller BAYZ but the large ones are due here in the next couple of weeks. I think the smaller pair more suited for a smaller room than my own. The BAYZ are certainly worthy contenders — with crazy-cool style too.)

Sedgewick

Jul 13, 2015
What sort of maximum spls can these speakers play at? Are they rugged enough to take a bit of abuse on the odd occasion or will they go pop? How long is the manufacturer guarantee and how easy are they to service if required?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing