Best City Fun Car to Drive.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
The G-Cabriolet looks pretty fun, just a lot of $!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The soft top is really rare!

IanG-UK

Apr 11, 2011
Funnily enough there is a similar post on Whats Best Car Forum where various Porsche, Aston Martin, Ferrari, etc owners debate on what's the best fun DAC to own.

Some like this:

and others this:

- respectively £150 and £300.

The tyre noise from their cars completely drowns out the audio anyway.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Tang I know just how you feel. I end up driving a little Honda HR-V that isn't mine all the time. It's not sporty, and not even as small as the cooper, but it's soooo easy to park and turn, flips U's, etc. Small cars in city are boss. If only I properly could fit in some of them... my knees grind on the dashboard if I can even get my butt to make contact on the seat in some of the smaller cars.

When I don't like small cars is on freeway with big trucks etc!

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Shane you must be a fake aussie to complain about heat.

LOL. Tang. Big difference between Aussie heat and HK / Thai heat with all that humidity :cool:
I am from Sydney, not far east Qld.

To use for beach car, I understand :)

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
I have owned quite a few cars, Aston Martin, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, McLaren, Benz, BMW, Mini, Dodge, Toyota, Honda, Mazda. I actually enjoy Mini Coupe most driving in Bangkok. It is most fun, most practical, most exciting (because I can drive as crazy as I want without worrying about totaling.) car of the bunch. The car is quick. It grips the road really well, zigzag from point A to B fastest. Never broke. The trunk is big enough to grocery shop for a week. I love the proportion of the car and I believe it will be a future classic.

View attachment 59995
Ever tried a Fiat Abarth 595?
https://www.abarth.ch/de/abarth-595-competizione

Reactions: howiebrou and DaveC

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
I‘ve almost always had a 2 car setup, one for the garage queen and another for those city trips and bad weather days when practical makes sense.. My last beater was a scion xD which was so easy to maneuver and park anywhere without care or worry.. I enjoyed driving the wee goofy little car.. In the Real world, Driving a slow car fast is more fun than driving a fast car slow.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I think the question in the title of the thread is not so easy to answer.

when I think of city driving, I think of driving in Midtown Manhattan. I don't find that city driving fun in any respect.

I definitely prefer a small car to maneuver in the city, rather than a large car. But I would also want something comfortable and which insulates me from the noise and commotion of the ambient city environment.

My answer to this question would be a small, two-door luxury car.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Please have a look at that one:
I immediately fell deeply in love :cool:

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Judging by recent live LA network broadcasts of police chopper car chases. The answer would be a +600 HP lifted Hennessey Velociraptor 6x6.

Does it come in bulletproof? :oops:

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
The VelociRaptor... needs my pancake (car) flipper idea—slides out from the front to get under all those cars stalled in front of you. Just flips 'em over so they end up looking like little beetles in the ditch, with their wheels spinning!

Reactions: Mikem53

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
The VelociRaptor... needs my pancake (car) flipper idea—slides out from the front to get under all those cars stalled in front of you. Just flips 'em over so they end up looking like little beetles in the ditch, with their wheels spinning!
Great idea, Lol.. your flipper idea is already alive in GTA5 ..

rando

Sep 22, 2019
Does it come in bulletproof? :oops:
I'm afraid it isn't quite that American at delivery. Even if it is already past the point of being driveable in almost any other country's city centers.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I think the question in the title of the thread is not so easy to answer.

when I think of city driving, I think of driving in Midtown Manhattan. I don't find that city driving fun in any respect.

I definitely prefer a small car to maneuver in the city, rather than a large car. But I would also want something comfortable and which insulates me from the noise and commotion of the ambient city environment.

My answer to this question would be a small, two-door luxury car.

A couple months ago or so I happened upon a Mercedes of the vintage of your last SL. I thought to myself "wow that really is a small car" but I thought about what you said how the inside feels really big. Then I thought... I could do that, I like the idea of small on the outside, big on inside.

However these days it's almost all coupes that are sports cars with bad visibility. No one makes coupes for being a coupe anymore it seems. I mean, I guess the Honda Civic counts?

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Reactions: Bobvin

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Bob, this is for you:

A Prius is just a roof rack for that bad-boy!

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
I’d be interested in what others are driving. I have a 2013 JX35 that the wife drives since we sold her car. My daily driver is now a 2001 Chevy Explorer Conversion van and I’ve grown quite tired of driving a boat about town. My eyes have been towards a performance suv like a 2004 Cayenne Turbo and the Infiniti FX50.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing