Best solid state preamps around $15k used with remotes

GSOphile

Sep 3, 2017
Do I still love my solo? Ans: That's an emphatic 'yes'!
Is there a material difference between the two box C1X and the C1X solo? Ans: The C1X ($46K USD MSRP) is more than twice the price of the solo ($22.5K) and is Esoteric's top preamp model. Is the price delta worth it? I don't know; haven't heard one. You might be able to pick one up used for around the MSRP of a new solo.

Last edited:
Reactions: davetheoilguy

davetheoilguy

Jan 10, 2024
USA
Thanks for the reply. You would think a used C1x would be available, but I haven’t seen one, which I suppose is a good sign. I have the Gandiso turntable (alternative with a VPI titan), k-03XD, and E-02 so I’m bordering on Esoteric fan boy, which makes me want to branch out.

Torn between the Nagra HD preamp and one or other version of the C1X. I’ve borrowed a friend’s C1x two box, but don’t know anyone who has done a side by side with the Solo.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing