Neutral power amp recommendations?

No, not saying they are 'lost', so yes you are mistaken. I merely pointed out a common problem with many solid state amp designs going back to the inception of the transistor. Someone provided a link to an MBL amp measurement which included a distortion vs frequency measurement.
Thanks for your clarification. So because MBL amps are SS, they have this "common problem" (shared by other current hi end SS amps designers) that causes inherent, audible distortion artifacts. And that your amp designs resolve this issue. And, as a result, sound better (less distortion supported by technical data) than MBL and other SS amps.

Last edited:
No, 100% wrong,
Read about comparison by contrast method
We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. When Ron asked about transparency he didn't specify anything else. Many low distortion solid state amps are more transparent then many tube amps (owing to being lower distortion), but that isn't the same thing as saying they are musical. But as you know transparency and musicality can be in the same place at the same time. Its not lost on me that a bit of 2nd and 3rd harmonic of the correct phase can allow the ear to make out detail. I''ve mentioned this before- I think that is an area that I'd love to see more research but I'm not holding my breath.

Reactions: Republicoftexas69
#Sparkle, #Wetness, #Dryness , ect

I think that a urban dictionary for non-audiohiles, like me, would be useful in order to understand terminology used by so many audiophiles and glossy mag reviewers these days...just saying. ;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing