Big fun with : YUKI AP-01 Turntable, TechDAS TDC-01 Cart and Allnic H-8000 DHT Phonostage

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
After some happy month with TechDAS AF3P, various Arms and Carts plus the Phasemation EA-2000 I was interested,
if I am now biased to this gear, or if I would be open to enjoy a complete different set up in similar price range, just to open up the mind again.

Inspired from the Esoteric T-1 thread, I might go to Munich to look for the next step in turntables...

My first step in doing so, is to try to understand the current level better and to listen to similar priced gear to get the quality of the current compromise more clear.

Just by chance I got the opportunity to install the following components in my set up for a week, may be longer:

YUKI AP-01 Turntable

Allnic H-8000 DHT Phonostage

TechDAS TDC-01 cartridge

Specially the YUKI turntable has some interesting new Design approaches, which are explained on the homepage The Allnic is well known in WBF, but new to me.
I had the H-7000v for some time, so at least I understand how to connect ;-)

The techDAS cartridge is out of my collection, so well known. This will help me to understand YUKI and Allnic better.

Today I finished the installation and I am enjoying the first songs, which are playing full of energy, mainly in the upper bass / lower mids,
but with less information /details than I am used to from my standard set up

I might will play around with some cables to fine tune.

to be continued...

IMG_1574.jpg IMG_1576.jpg IMG_1577.jpg IMG_1570.jpg IMG_1575.jpg IMG_1579.jpg IMG_1578.jpg IMG_1573.jpg IMG_1572.jpg

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
@shakti I always appreciate your patience in your approach to new gears. You do the work before making big statements ( at least that is how it seems to me as a reader )

Fishfood

VIP/Donor
Jul 11, 2020
After some happy month with TechDAS AF3P, various Arms and Carts plus the Phasemation EA-2000 I was interested,
if I am now biased to this gear, or if I would be open to enjoy a complete different set up in similar price range, just to open up the mind again.

Inspired from the Esoteric T-1 thread, I might go to Munich to look for the next step in turntables...

My first step in doing so, is to try to understand the current level better and to listen to similar priced gear to get the quality of the current compromise more clear.

Just by chance I got the opportunity to install the following components in my set up for a week, may be longer:

YUKI AP-01 Turntable

TechDAS TDC-01 cartridge

Specially the YUKI turntable has some interesting new Design approaches, which are explained on the homepage The Allnic is well known in WBF, but new to me.

The techDAS cartridge is out of my collection, so well known. This will help me to understand YUKI and Allnic better.

Today I finished the installation and I am enjoying the first songs, which are playing full of energy, mainly in the upper bass / lower mids,

to be continued...

View attachment 108806 View attachment 108807 View attachment 108808 View attachment 108809 View attachment 108810 View attachment 108811 View attachment 108812 View attachment 108813 View attachment 108814
That cart is a work of art!

Audio equipment ok too :)

thekong

May 10, 2012
Interesting, looks like more and more brands are developing tonearms with zero offset angle! A few of my friends just got the Viv arm and loving it.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
What do you think is the main component resulting in lower information retrieval of this setup?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

YUKI AP-01 Turntable

TechDAS TDC-01 cartridge

to be continued...

View attachment 108806 View attachment 108807 View attachment 108808 View attachment 108809 View attachment 108810 View attachment 108811 View attachment 108812 View attachment 108813 View attachment 108814

what recti do you have in the Allnic?

the 7000v is best mated with a cart like Atlas, vdh, or Dava (not tried the last one yet but given the highs it should) as the highs balance out. In a direct compare with Ypsilon too the later had bit more neutral highs but with Atlas the Allnic was giving enough highs, and had much better midbass and energy and flow with the KR recti

to compare with PP2000, you will have to get the 8000?

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
- A tonearm with zero offset headshell and bearings both horizontally and vertically,
-A plain looking arm tube and balance weight possibly not very well thought and prone to resonance,
-A long bearing shaft,
-And possibly minimal or no decoupling.

I wonder what’s the original idea and aim of designer.

Last edited:

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
As Munich High End Fair is coming, the interesting YUKI turntable and the Allnic H-8000 will leave me during the next days.

Listening with YUKI and Allnic 8000 was a learning curve to better understand my current gear,
what is good and what is missing with that given combination.

Yuki and Allnic were able to provide a huge level of energy in the lower miss / upper bass, which gave to records like Deutsche Grammophone "Carmina Burana" a former unknown level of power and realism.

On the other hand the Carmina Burana voices were better separated and the horns were more playing like being from metal with TechDAS AF3P and Phasemation EA-2000.

I can understand, that some people like the Lyra Atlas SL with Allnic H-8000, on the other side it became obvious,
why I love the performance of Koetsu Stone bodies in my current set up,
this carts off set this character and make the sound more similar.

In Germany bot set up are similar priced, which makes sense, seeing their equal performance level, just with a different flavor.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing