Bitcoin

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland

According to paul tudor jones one of the best traders of all time BTC has a inflationhedge future .
A bit surprising afaic

Ps i stick with gold silver stocks though

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Financial wrap up of the year

Crypto this year is/has proven to be a unregulated low interest easy money bubble.
Sold my real estate at the top in july .
In holland it has only been going down since .

No real break out of gold just yet .
I expect it this year when the market goes down more and the fed reverses course despite inflation

StreamFidelity

Jun 30, 2020
Rostock, Germany
griggaudio.de
Crypto this year is/has proven to be a unregulated low interest easy money bubble.
The next years can be positive for bitcoin. At the beginning of 2024, the halving takes place, in which the amount of newly created Bitcoin is halved again. A cycle that takes place about every 4 years.

Since 2014, a trend can be seen from this. 2014 was weak, 3 years later the price rose. To collapse again in 2018. After 3 years there was a new high. And now 2022 is again a loss year. We may see highs again in 2025?

Reactions: audioresurgence

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Gold stocks are flying 10 % up since the start of the year .
And so is BTC off course

I should start a hedgefund lol ALAMEDA ANDROMEDA RESEARCH :)

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
A message to Gary Gensler.

Bitcoin.

I think your job is really simple. Stop pretending it isn't.

Write down the rules. Get them reviewed by the relevant bodies, politicians and attorneys.

Publish the clear, unambiguous rules on the internet with no exclusive access rights. This document should amount to no more than half a page to a max of one full page of printed A4.

Give all those concerned a max of one year to comply.

Property or security? Who cares? This is the human race. Such concerns, IMHO, are trivia.

The real question is, is the technology good and useful?

I think we know it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: MRubey

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
SVB bust .
Probably the reason BTC took a big hit , my guess.... its 2008 all over again .
The fact that the fed thinks that it can just keep raising rates will soon be over .
My guess ,... this year the FED will cut again and make some sort of rescue plan , despite inflation .

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Its off to the races the big crunch has begun , the peter schiff scenario has finally come to fruition
Will the fed already stop raising next week with all the bank failures ?

QE has already begun , the feds balance sheet has added apparently 300 biliion last week .

If the fed capitulates next week gold could gap up at least a 100 $$ , BTC is doing nicely as well
AD is gonna make a shitload of $$$ in 2023 :cool:

Last edited:

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Looks like were gonna leave the bitcoin bandits in the backview mirror . :cool:
Were on the brink of a historic gold break out , looking at the charts 2023 .jpg

MRubey

VIP/Donor
Mar 20, 2022
San Antonio Texas
“Sometimes nothing happens for a whole decade. And sometimes a whole decade happens in a week.”
Thats how it feels.
Bitcoin is growing up. The suits are taking over.
One of these days it will be all but impossible to buy a whole Bitcoin.
The most valuable thing in the world. Crazy.
Until I realized the implications of being the most secure computer network ever devised due to decentralization.
Majar Jason Lowery defined the real importance of Bitcoin, and it ain’t money.
In this crazy world where you can’t trust anything….The Bitcoin network is The Truth Machine.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Up 32x on Avax's COQINU :cool:

I should have went hard on it but whatever it's fun. There's another token that buys into COQINU whenever it trades based on a tax it has, so the price on COQ is interesting whenever people try to sell into it.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Based on these estimates, global electricity use in cryptocurrency mining was roughly equivalent to the total consumption in Greece or Australia.

MRubey

VIP/Donor
Mar 20, 2022
San Antonio Texas
Based on these estimates, global electricity use in cryptocurrency mining was roughly equivalent to the total consumption in Greece or Australia.

Major Jason Lowery was the US Military‘s National Defense fellow at MIT.
His job was to see future technological threats coming down the pike.
What he determined is that Bitcoin is the most powerful defensive weapon ever devised by human beings. It is the largest most secure computer network ever created. It is the ultimate answer to cyber security. As everything from finance to communications to defense are *already* computerized. The ability to secure these networks and extract painful consequences from bad actors has become paramount. Bitcoin is the answer to this problem. It took me 18 months of constant study before I really understood Bitcoin.
It cannot be explained in a simple conversation. But this short presentation by Lowery at TED is a primer for what is probably Bitcoins greatest virtue.

MRubey

VIP/Donor
Mar 20, 2022
San Antonio Texas
Two things have occurred since the TED talk above was given.
1. The DOD ordered Major Lowery to stop talking about it.
2. The SEC approved Bitcoin ETFs in the US allowing Blackrock, Fidelity and seven other US based money management firms to begin collecting Bitcoin as a customer investment vehicle.
They have collectively acquired over 150000 Bitcoin in three weeks since inception. And the real allocation has yet to even begin.
There are only approximately 1.3M Bitcoin available in liquid form. These ETFs will gobble this up in a very short time, months. This could be viewed as the US Strategic Bitcoin Reserve.
The other thing is the market supply crisis.
As Bitcoin becomes unavailable, what do you think will happen to its value.
In a few short years it will become impossible for any individual to purchase one whole Bitcoin. Right now if every millionaire tried to buy one Bitcoin, they could not.
We are in a very small window when it is still possible to purchase Bitcoin cheap.
It’s $43K per Bitcoin this morning. When it’s $600K that will look dirt cheap.
When it’s $10M, $600K will look dirt cheap.
Scarcity is what makes Bitcoin the hardest asset ever created.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Bitcoin and other things are pumping. With Bitcoin staying in isn't the worst if you are self custody. However everything else out there... Bonds are up. We've been wondering about a monster correction because of covid. We're seeing nonsensical highs that are getting lower float with crazier stuff happening on many stocks... There might still be money on the table but I just want everyone to think about how much they need what they already have. We know even the S&P500 isn't safe in major corrections.

MRubey

VIP/Donor
Mar 20, 2022
San Antonio Texas
Yesterday Cory Klippsten defined a God candle as $10K on the daily…..with similar follow through.
I guess we are in the Archangel candle world now.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing