Bitcoin

Referring to Mjr Jason Lowery’s thesis. Im old and don’t have an understanding of this stuff deeply enough to really get how he sees it as a defensive weapon from how he describes it. But it’s getting more traction. There is a growing meme that whatever country begins to print money to buy Bitcoin will win the future. Russia passed a law last week allowing it to be used for exchange with foreign countries.

My understanding of Bitcoin as a defensive weapon is that it offers absolute cyber security. The Bitcoin blockchain (base layer) is decentralized, the largest and most secure computer network in existence. Think of it as an immutable foundation upon which things can be built. Anything built on it partakes of that foundation of decentralization and security. These additional layers are already being developed. Some exist. They allow scaling and speed and all desired functionality. The very few other cyrptos which are not outright scams (arguable), ie Etherium, Solana, are programmable applications, easy to scale and very fast, but they are not robust or secure.

We, my family, has no intention to use Bitcoin as day to day currency. It is our savings account. Michael Saylor likens it to buying a piece of Manhattan in the 1860s.
It is the hardest asset ever invented by human beings.
Trump has embraced it. Senator Cynthia Lummis has introduced a bill to begin to hold it as a treasury asset to begin to back our dollar with a hard asset again.
There are 60 million Americans who own Bitcoin and 170 million who own some kind of crypto. Harris is needing to befriend this community because the entire vote of the last election was around 170 million..

Michael Saylor likens it to buying a piece of Manhattan in the 1860s.

I saw that interview. He also likened buying Bitcoin to the "Louisiana purchase." Prior to that interview I had assumed that Michael Saylor was a smart, savvy guy. Maybe he is, but these real estate analogies are inapposite, if not outright stupid and misleading.

In the same interview I saw Saylor make another dumb comment, something about not having access to Bitcoin trading is "cruel and unusual punishment."

It is the hardest asset ever invented by human beings.
You're sure sucking hard on that red pill!* :D

What happens when some company or government or rogue group achieves quantum superiority and breaks Bitcoin's 256 bit encryption?

Especially if you are "old" I give you a lot of credit for learning about Bitcoin. I've always considered bullish that it seems like virtually nobody over 65 years old thinks Bitcoin is anything but a fraud.

-----------------------
*I learned a lot about the Bitcoin subculture from Clubhouse from 2020 to 2022. I do agree with their maxim that "Bitcoin comes to you when you're ready for it." I love the general libertarian philosophy, and the specific crypto-anarchy philosophy, underlying Bitcoin.

Tinka tried to get me to investigate Bitcoin in 2015, but I wasn't ready for it. I was ready for it in 2017.

Last edited:
You guys saw what BTC did during the yen carry trade crash last week.

This is only a precursor of what happens when the real crash ( margin call ) will be there.
BTC is a product of the zerointerest rate fed buble culture
In my opinion lol.

Wait till the Banks have to reprice all the cheap mortgage loans they handed out .

You guys saw what BTC did during the yen carry trade crash last week.

This is only a precursor of what happens when the real crash ( margin call ) will be there.
BTC is a product of the zerointerest rate fed buble culture
In my opinion lol.

Wait till the Banks have to reprice all the cheap mortgage loans they handed out .
It was the only lever to pull during the weekend.
A lot of people shorted it to hedge.
The fundamentals didn’t budge.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing