Bitcoin

We just need honest money.
We have been told all of our lives that 2% inflation is normal and good.
2% of everything every year adds up to a lot.
In personal terms in 10 years you’ve lost 20% of your purchasing power.
Official historic rates are avg 3% over the last hundred years.
In recent years it’s been 7-8% officially. The CPI is a cherry picked basket. Everyone knows grocery prices have soared. Stuff isn’t worth more. Money is worth less.
Why? Because of money printing. Inflation is actually debasement.
That's a different conversation. The manipulation of currency. And sadly it's done by an all powerful unelected body of people.

When I was in college, it bugged the heck out of me that every economic model was based on growth. Growth is inflation. I wanted to see a model that was based on stagnation. 0 growth.

I left seattle because of growth. I had to go back yesterday to take care of something at the house before its hands to the buyers. I was disgusted by all the pollution that comes with growth and density.

Clarification:
Looking over this thread I come off like a pump and dump shill.
I honestly don’t care if any of you ever pursues this or not. Bitcoin doesn’t need you or me. Look at its life time chart. Up and to the right for 15 years since inception. Not without drawdowns of course, but within an upward sloping channel.
I am obviously swimming in the Orange koolaide.
I don’t intend to evangelize, I’m just enthusiastic.
I guess if I have an agenda it is to share a little of my journey and hopefully inspire a little curiosity. No one can teach this because it involves a shift of perspective.
But as far as I have seen. Everyone who actually engages this learning curve is converted, unless they benefit from the fiat ponzi.

It’s too good to be true.
But it is true.

That's a different conversation. The manipulation of currency. And sadly it's done by an all powerful unelected body of people.

When I was in college, it bugged the heck out of me that every economic model was based on growth. Growth is inflation. I wanted to see a model that was based on stagnation. 0 growth.

I left seattle because of growth. I had to go back yesterday to take care of something at the house before its hands to the buyers. I was disgusted by all the pollution that comes with growth and density.
No sir!
That is the precise conversation and why Bitcoin exists.

Fully agree .
Thats why banks / governments are against the use of it .
It ll never be legal tender imo
They can now print endless money bills and spend / lend out all they want without restrictions .
(OK untill the populus is kinda fed up with inflation , lol)
It doesn’t need to be legal tender. Though in some places it is. It just needs to be a store of value. Becoming pristine collateral.
It is exactly what it needs to be.

Last edited:
MRubey,

Respectfully, do you really believe that making an assertion, and then attempting to support the assertion with some random podcast person* who asserts the same view, achieves a powerful, persuasive, convincing argument?

*This kind of argument is sometimes called "an appeal to authority." But if the other person doesn't acknowledge and agree that the person you are proffering as an authority truly is an authority, then nothing has been accomplished, and your argument has not been buttressed.

Last edited:
MRubey,

Respectfully, do you really believe that making an assertion, and then attempting to support the assertion with some random podcast person* who asserts the same view, achieves a powerful, persuasive, convincing argument?

*This kind of argument is sometimes called "an appeal to authority." But if the other person doesn't acknowledge and agree that the person you are proffering as an authority truly is an authority, then nothing has been accomplished, and your argument has not been buttressed.
I defer to people I perceive as being smarter than me, so to answer your question. Yes.
But then I’m not trying to be convincing. I’m just sharing.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing