Brinkmann Stand

Kcin

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
Canada
Do not want to clutter Ron's thread- but I had a couple of folks reach out- so here it is.

I used a similar HSS ( hollow structural steel) stand that was originally purposed for the Goldmund Reference- What happened to that very expensive heavy table is a mystery. However, I ended up with the stand and the top plate which is 2" thick brass it is massively heavy and inert. I layered a custom size segue mat on top for isolation and then with the HRS 3x . This HRS has the split top to isolate the motor from the table section. I do not believe HRS does this anymore. I added finite elemente ceraball feet for leveling and further isolation.

Lastly, I built a drawer for anlog junk as part of the stand.

Attachments

• IMG_3714 (1).jpg
    IMG_3714 (1).jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 82

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -
When I had the Brinkmann Balance, I switched from a Finite Elemente to a bespoke Stacore rack with pneumatic Stacore platforms. The turntable resided on a Custom Advanced platform. The improvement was substantial as the turntable was fully isolated.

When I swapped to my current turntable which is much heavier, Stacore upgraded the plaform so it could sustain a heavier load.

IMG_2388.jpeg

Vinylfan

Jan 12, 2019
Recently switched from Quadraspire to custom maple stand for Brinkmann Taurus. Found the Quadraspires a little less stable than I desired

Attachments

• IMG_1652.jpeg
    IMG_1652.jpeg
    703.9 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: mtemur

lem321

Feb 7, 2014
Vinylfan,
Nice rack. Who's the manufacturer?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing