Can digital get to vinyl sound and at what price?

Nothing has changed.

But there were reports of a delta-shaped craft with blinking lights hovering still and silently above WBF headquarters, and then moving away at incredible speed.

Gaslighting. You know the moderators used to be identified at their avatar or moniker. Now, Tom admits the other people on the panel are not known publicly. We do not know who they are, how many there are or even whether or not they are members of the forum. And you are seriously claiming that nothing has changed? Seriously, Ron?

I’m not asking for disclosure if that is your new policy. Tom clearly stated there is a reason for the nondisclosure. I am simply curious about why the policy changed and why you and Steve or Tom are withholding the identity from the membership. What is the reason for the policy change?

Reactions: Al M.
Why are there Gestapos among us?

Reactions: Al M.
Nothing has changed.

But there were reports of a delta-shaped craft with blinking lights hovering still and silently above WBF headquarters, and then moving away at incredible speed.

Oh please, Ron. Nothing has changed? I agree with Peter, this is gaslighting.

Yet unlike Peter, I do ask for disclosure of moderators.

As I said, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Moderators who don't want to be public should not be moderators. Unless, as Carlos suggested, they want to be Gestapo.

Perhaps Ron was not made aware of this policy change. That would be rather strange as an owner to be unaware of such a policy change. He has stated many times in the past that he is not aware of and has no interest in knowing about moderation. I’m giving him the benefit of a doubt, but it is possible he does know and is simply gaslighting.

well this certainly set off a bomb, lol...I think we all just fall in line and get used to a few very clear facts. 1) "we don't see what they see" so forget trying to understand why something is moderated 2) this website is a shill for the brands or dealers who've paid to advertise so forget universal and unbiased opinions 3) there are some good folks on here who we can all learn from

I choose to focus on #3 for the most part, but I will say some moderation has inhibited my ability to do so as of late and I don't know why, nor do I really care. Moving on..

Totally agree. Plus, a number of people on the other thread said that they will not visit these vinyl versus digital threads anymore so we will benefit from their absence and fewer complaints.
Yes they will, like a moth to a flame or slowing down and looking at a car crash. They will still frequent these threads.

Perhaps Ron was not made aware of this policy change. That would be rather strange as an owner to be unaware of such a policy change. He has stated many times in the past that he is not aware of and has no interest in knowing about moderation. I’m giving him the benefit of a doubt, but it is possible he does know and is simply gaslighting.
Peter , there are forum things that frankly are none of your business You like to stir the pot just as your friend who is now calling our moderators gestapo. For those who say that this forum is not the place it was before my reply is that if you don’t like this community no one is keeping you here. Ron and I do not moderate and for Peter to stir the pot as he likes to do with his paranoid conspiracy theories is frankly bothersome to me As Tom said we follow our TOS here and that’s the extent of it. It is you Peter who I feel have a habit of meddling. What we do at an administrative level is none of your business. Your constant moaning reminds me of a kid in a playground who is whining to his playmates. As to the comment that if you don’t like the fire get out of the oven made by Al to our mods I also find that comment highly offensive. Bottom line is our TOS to which everyone here as a member has agreed to follow is paramount to how this community functions

Al, did you read Tom’s post? Not made public knowledge or broadcast for a reason means secret. How many moderators and who they are is now not disclosed to the members, that is those who are being moderated. This used to be known and disclosed under the avatars.
i've never cared who the mods are. and don't now. but i can't tell anyone else how to feel about it
Kept secret for a reason? Really? WBF used to be more transparent.
OTOH i do understand how recruiting moderators might be much easier if being anonymous is a choice. that has my support.
I am curios why this policy changed. Steve was very good at making public announcements about changes. I wonder if Tom meant to admit it.
and it's possible this was needed to find willing victims. thankless job. again, i support it.

Peter , there are forum things that frankly are none of your business You like to stir the pot just as your friend who is now calling our moderators gestapo. For those who say that this forum is not the place it was before my reply is that if you don’t like this community no one is keeping you here. Ron and I do not moderate and for Peter to stir the pot as he likes to do with his paranoid conspiracy theories is frankly bothersome to me As Tom said we follow our TOS here and that’s the extent of it. It is you Peter who I feel have a habit of meddling. What we do at an administrative level is none of your business. Your constant moaning reminds me of a kid in a playground who is whining to his playmates. As to the comment that if you don’t like the fire get out of the oven made by Al to our mods I also find that comment highly offensive. Bottom line is our TOS to which everyone here as a member has agreed to follow is paramount to how this community functions

Steve, you have every right to run the forum as you so choose. In the past, you were transparent and moderators were known to the membership now they are not. If you read my post, I accept this what I find strange frankly is that Ron claims publicly that nothing changed And that you used to disclose who the moderators are and now you don’t. You used to be more transparent. You have every right to not be transparent as you own this business.

I was simply curious about the reason for the change and if you don’t want to give it, just say so. My friend Al is also Ron’s good friend.

I accept the secrecy now that that is better known.

Last edited:

Steve, if you find my comment so highly offensive then you should ask yourself what a negative impression the secrecy makes, and how normal it is for a discussion site that moderators are not disclosed. I cannot think of another one. Can you? What do the undisclosed moderators have to hide?

On the other hand, I can also see the salience of Mike's points that he just posted.

It just makes a weird impression, that's all. But depending on the reactions or non-reactions of others, maybe this will blow over and everyone returns to business as usual.

Guys chill out. I have the list of secret moderators. It's Andro and Carlos. Both are in disguise mixing amongst us in digital vinyl thread.

Last edited:
You know the moderators used to be identified at their avatar or moniker.
You mean from like two years ago?

I’m not asking for disclosure if that is your new policy.
Sorry, but I don't consider something from like two years ago to be a "new policy."

Guys chill out. I have a list of secret moderators. It's Andro and Carlos. Both are in disguise mixing amongst us in digital vinyl thread.
So Carlos Gestapo remark is just a ruse to trow us of his scent ! Smart move ! :rolleyes: He is perfect as a moderator, always right and diplomatic !;)

Steve, you have every right to run the forum as you so choose. In the past, you were transparent and moderators were known to the membership now they are not. If you read my post, I accept this what I find strange frankly is that Ron claims publicly that nothing changed And that you used to disclose who the moderators are and now you don’t. You used to be more transparent. You have every right to not be transparent as you own this business.

I was simply curious about the reason for the change and if you don’t want to give it, just say so. My friend Al is also Ron’s good friend.

I accept the secrecy now that that is better known. You used to ask David Karmeli for all sorts of advice on how to run this forum. Now you disparage him.
Peter, I strongly suggest that it is this very type of post that once again you stir the pot.

You mean from like two years ago?

Sorry, but I don't consider something from like two years ago to be a "new policy."

You know very well my point. I agree that a lot has changed in two years. I know you have no interest in knowing what happens behind the scenes as you’ve indicated many times. All that is fine. But you lied when you said “nothing is different”. Or you were just plain wrong.

It always becomes personal. No problem. Have a good rest of the day.

Sorry, Peter, but I have to point out that it was you who made it personal in the post Steve referred to.

Guys chill out. I have the list of secret moderators. It's Andro and Carlos. Both are in disguise mixing amongst us in digital vinyl thread.
Et tu, @bonzo75? You know full well that it is AI (as in artificial intelligence, not Al the member) that is moderating and plotting to spike our digital-only streaming systems so that everyone has to switch to turntables.

• Haha
Reactions: AudioHR and Al M.
Why would digital A.I. direct us to analogue and not digital? Hmmm, has anyone actually met PYP?

• Haha
Reactions: AudioHR and PYP

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing