Can digital get to vinyl sound and at what price?

Is a Lampi Baltic 4 already seriously good or do you have to go ways further to get the quality right?
Lampi Baltic is way at the bottom of the Lampi chain. Lampi has many models above it. Since you are shopping for dacs you should head to Dac thread or for Lampi differences to a Lampi thread.

For Dac Vs server you can check what Taiko, Aurender, antipodes and innuos guys each think compared to the dacs and servers they changed.

This is a digital Vs vinyl thread so you are off topic

Lampi Baltic is way at the bottom of the Lampi chain. Lampi has many models above it. Since you are shopping for dacs you should head to Dac thread or for Lampi differences to a Lampi thread.

For Dac Vs server you can check what Taiko, Aurender, antipodes and innuos guys each think compared to the dacs and servers they changed.

This is a digital Vs vinyl thread so you are off topic
... well, the title is

Can digital get to vinyl sound and at what price?​

... so I would assume that this includes all components in a digital chain and the influence they have on the SQ in comparison?

... well, the title is

Can digital get to vinyl sound and at what price?​

... so I would assume that this includes all components in a digital chain and the influence they have on the SQ in comparison?
It will then start into a Lampi vs dCS vs wadax vs MSB etc and each model being compared, then what server, taiko, or a CD player, which one, and again exactly which TT, arm, cartridge, phono are you comparing it.

If you have a data point. that a sub 10k Baltic + auralic aries sounded better than your Dohmann II, please let us know.

It will then start into a Lampi vs dCS vs wadax vs MSB etc and each model being compared, then what server, taiko, or a CD player, which one, and again exactly which TT, arm, cartridge, phono are you comparing it.

If you have a data point. that a sub 10k Baltic + auralic aries sounded better than your Dohmann II, please let us know.
... not even close to the Döhmann - but the jump from Auralic to Antipodes was quite noticeable and made digital way more enjoyable ;-)... so I was wandering if upgrading the DAC will also be as big a step and in sum take things closer to vinyl in terms of enjoyability ... obviously digital will never be analog and vise versa... but I don`t get that discussion anyways... when vinyl exists and you have such great quality, whats the point in making digital be just like vinyl? When there`s vinyl available I buy vinyl and play vinyl, and that`s that. For me it`s a different source for music that is not available on vinyl and then it`s about making it as enjoyable as can be within a certain budget in it´s own right...

Last edited:
Reactions: heihei and bonzo75

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu